12th April 2019, 04:53 PM
Unregistered

What should I do after passing class 9th to become an IAS Officer?

Sir, I have completed the 9th class in English medium in Andhra Pradesh State Board syllabus and now I want to planned for my career and I want to become an IPS officer. Can you please tell me what should I do to reach my goal?

14th April 2019, 10:59 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I do after passing class 9th to become an IAS Officer?

Civil Service Examination is conducted by UPSC. The examination is conducted in three stages.

The eligibility to appear for the examination is that :-

Candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university.

The age limit is 21-32 years with relaxation in upper age limit for reserved category.

So, you are not eligible to appear for the examination in std 9th.

Candidates in the final year of bachelor degree course are eligible to appear for the examination.

So, you can start reading N.C.E.R.T books, reading newspaper and improving writing skills.

To get more information visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
15th April 2019, 01:58 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

You are not eligible to appear for Civil Service examination now but as per your curiosity to appear and qualify in the examination, I will try to give you the detail information.

No, doubt although you are not eligible to appear for the examination but can start preparation for the examination.

You must start reading reading the Hindu or Indian Express to improve your understanding. Read NCERT books of Social Science and reading current affairs notes.

To get syllabus and any other information visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
15th April 2019, 09:38 AM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

To become an IAS Officer after completion of your 9th standard, you have to pursue 10th standard, Higher Secondary course and Bachelor’s degree course from a government recognised institution. After completion of your Bachelor’s degree course from a government recognised university, you are eligible to apply for IAS examination. The selection procedure of IAS examination consists of three stages namely Preliminary Examination, Mains Examination and Personal Interview.
15th April 2019, 09:56 AM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

IAS refers to Indian Administrative Service while IPS stands for Indian Police Service and to become either an IAS or IPS officer, you need to qualify the Civil Services examination held by UPSC once every year.

Also, to appear in the Civil Services examination, you need to be an Indian citizen having completed your graduation degree course in any discipline from a recognised university. Also, your age need to lie within 21 years to 32 years ( age relaxation is allowed for candidates belonging to reserved category).

So, being a Class 9th passed student, you are first required to complete your Class 10th followed by Class 12th and graduation degree course to become eligible for appearing in the Civil Services examination and then you need to qualify the same examination too.

For more detailed information regarding the Civil Services examination, you can visit its official website www.upsc.gov.in.
15th April 2019, 11:39 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Services officer. UPSC conducts Civil Services examination for different posts like IAS, IPS, IRS etc. The minimum academic qualification required to apply for this exam is bachelor's degree in any stream from a recognized university.

You are in ninth standard, so a long way to go for this exam. Study well with dedication for tenth standard, 12th standard, bachelor's degree to make a good foundation for this exam. Start reading a newspaper to be an aware candidate. Focus on social studies subjects.
15th April 2019, 02:21 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Civil Service Examination is conducted for recruitment of candidates as an I.A.S Officer.

So, you have to wait till the completion of bachelor degree to become eligible to appear for the examination.

Candidates who are interested in joining the service can start the preparation for examination in any time.

So, you can start preparation for examination with a proper strategy and under guidance of senior or a coaching institutes.

For syllabus and other information visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
15th April 2019, 02:55 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

If you want to apply for IAS entrance examination then first of all you have to complete your studies to fulfill its eligibility criteria.
First of all you have to complete 10th after that 12th board from any of the recognized board in any of the stream. Any particular stream is not required.
After completing 12th you have to complete graduation from a recognized university in any of the stream.
After that you can apply for UPSC entrance examination.
15th April 2019, 09:32 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

To become an IAS ( Indian Administrative Service ) officer after passing your Class 9th , you are required to first completed your Class 10th followed by Class 12th and then a bachelor degree course as the minimum education required for becoming as IAS or IPS officer by qualifying the Civil Services examination is a bachelor degree in any stream from a recognized university.

For other details regarding the Civil Services examination, you can visit the link www.upsc.gov.in.
15th April 2019, 09:36 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

To become an IAS ( Indian Administrative Service ) officer after passing your Class 9th , you are required to first completed your Class 10th followed by Class 12th and then a bachelor degree course as the minimum education required for becoming as IAS or IPS officer by qualifying the Civil Services examination is a bachelor degree in any stream from a recognized university.

For other details regarding the Civil Services examination, you can visit the link www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?