17th August 2014, 06:23 PM
ankit jais

What should I do to become an IAS officer if I am a class 9th student?

i am in class 9 what i shall do to become an ias officer

19th August 2014, 04:56 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I do to become an IAS officer if I am a class 9th student?

As presently you are in the 9th standard, to become an IAS officer you need to complete your schooling, Intermediate and the graduation degree in any discipline from a recognised university.

After completing your graduation, you need to appear for the IAS exam which will be conducted by the UPSC for the recruitment of the high level government officers.

To appear for the IAS exam, you need to fulfill the following eligibility criteria :-

Nationality :-
-->You must be a citizen of India.

Educational Qualification :-
>>You must have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognised university to be eligible to appear for the IAS exam.

>>Final year students can also appear for the IAS exam.

>>There is no minimum percentage required to appear for the IAS exam.

Age Limit :-
-->The age Limit required to apply for the IAS exam is 21 to 30 years.

-->There is an age relaxation of 3 years for OBC candidates whereas the age relaxation for the SC/ST candidates is of 5 years.

Selection Procedure:-
1.Preliminary Exam
2.Mains Exam
3.Personal Interview

No of Attempts :-
-->General-4
-->OBC-7
-->SC/ST-No Limit
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?