25th June 2013, 12:50 AM
Unregistered

How can I become an IAS officer? I am studying in 9th class

i want to become an IASofficer by taking only BIPC.now iam studying 9th class how ihave prepare for my future by taking only BIPC to become an ias officer,on what subjects i should concentrete more.plese give a brief explaination to this and its my e-mail id if u require you can contact to this "[email protected]"

25th June 2013, 06:31 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I become an IAS officer? I am studying in 9th class

Dear friend

First of all I would appreciate you as you have made your career objective quite clear right from the 9th class.This will definitely help you in achieving your goal .An early initiative is quite helpful in getting selected for services like Indian Administrative services.

In simple words ,in order to become an IAS officer ,you will have to clear the entrance examination called as Civil services examinations organised every year by the UPSC for the different services IAS,IPS,IFS etc.

Before appearing for this exam you need to satisfy the following requirements:

Minimum of bachelor's degree is required as educational qualifications for the Civil services examinations.

So first of all you will have to do your 10+2 and then graduation with desired stream and the selection of subjects will depend what you have taken in bachelor's degree and it will help in better preparation for the Civil services examinations.

The minimum age limit is 21 years and the upper age limit is 30 years with three years upper age relaxation to obc and five years to sc/st respectively.

The no of attempts for the Civil services exam are as below:

General:4

OBC:4

SC/ST:no limit

Th examination has three stages in which first is civil services aptitude test.Second is the main exam and the last stage is personal interview.

For any more details regarding Civil services exam ,you can visit www.upsc.gov.in

Hope the information helps you.If you have any other regarding this matter then you can leave your message here.

All the best

aashisranjan784
25th June 2013, 09:07 AM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

To become an IAS(Indian Administrative Service) Officer one has to apply, appear and crack Civil Service Exam conducted by UPSC every year after Graduation Degree.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate.

As you are studying in 9th class, now it is not necessary to worry about IAS, you should first complete 10th with good score and after completion of 12th in any stream you may start preparation for IAS accordingly along with your regular under Graduate studies.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
25th June 2013, 09:30 AM
bully 001
Member+

for ias you have to graduate first .for this no percentage required and no any other spacial sub. required for this .
ias exam conduct by upsc every year .
for ias preparation choose your favorite sub. and also increase your gk by reading book , watching news channel , knowledge channel like discovery , discovery science and also try reasoning question .
for ias your age between 21 to 30 year . some reservation as per as govt . rule for sc/st, obc and other .
for ias no of attempt
for general - 4 time
for obc - 7 time
for sc/st - no limit
hope your all question will be clear .
thanks
25th June 2013, 11:30 AM
Unregistered

How to prepare for IAS exam..I am currently pursuing BA.LLB.Hons. (4th year).
25th June 2013, 01:35 PM
josh98
Senior Member+++++

Hi friend......

I am sorry to say that you are not eligible for the IAS exam.

You need to complete the Graduation to eligible this exam.

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service.

This exam conducted by UPSC once in a year.

Eligibility Criteria:

You should be origin of India.

Education Qualification:

Graduation complete

No percentage required.

Final appearing candidates are also eligible.

Age limit:

21 to 30 years.

Upper relaxation applicable

3 years for OBC

5 years for SC\ST

10 years for PWD.

No of Attempts:

General - 4times

OBC - 7times

Sc\ST - No limit

selection Process:

Preliminary Exam

Main Exam

Interview

All the best.............
25th June 2013, 05:01 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

You are just in 9th class and you have a long way to go for IAS examination.

You have to study till Graduation to become eligible for IAS examination. Any stream students can apply for Civil Services examination. Hence you can opt for any stream according to your interest.

So you must concentrate on your studies because whatever you study in school will be very important for IAS exam specially General Studies preparation.

Age Limit for IAS Exam:

21 to 30 years is the age limit for General category and age relaxation will be given to other categories.

SC/ST - 5 years relaxation

OBC - 3 years relaxation

Selection Procedure:

-Preliminary Exam

-Mains Exam

-Interview

Number for attempts for General and OBC are limited and for SC/ST there is no limit.

For more information visit http://www.upsc.gov.in
25th June 2013, 05:43 PM
Unregistered

How can i become a CID OFFICER. Now i am studying degree final year. .
25th June 2013, 06:05 PM
eduforall
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i want to become an IASofficer by taking only BIPC.now iam studying 9th class how ihave prepare for my future by taking only BIPC to become an ias officer,on what subjects i should concentrete more.plese give a brief explaination to this and its my e-mail id if u require you can contact to this "[email protected]"
Hi,

There is no problem or restriction for any particular subject/s for IAS exam. You can choose or study any subject.

First of all you should also know that to apply for IAS exams you should hold a bachelor's degree, which is right now far for you. You are in class 9th so you need to focus on understand the basics and getting good marks in 9th and 12th. Then you can join graduation and simultaneously prepare for IAS exam.

The minimum age required for IAS exams is 21 years.

So, you have ample of time to study and prepare for your ambition.

Finish your academics with good marks and then focus on the preaparation of IAS exams.

For your information IAS exams are conducted by UPSC - Union Public Service Commission, every year.

You can visit www.upsc.gov.in
25th June 2013, 09:14 PM
khadar123

for attemting the civil services,you should possess the Degree in any course.you can get your degree by completing Bi.P.C. course also.from now onwards you better try to get general awareness.you can choose any interested subject as optional.
25th June 2013, 11:03 PM
SK@S
Senior Member+++++

Minimum eligibilty to apply for the UPSC Civil Services exams is:

Education: Graduation pass in any stream from a recognized university
No minimum percentage of marks is required in Graduation

Age- Minimum 21 years
Maximum 30 years
OBC can apply till 33 years
SC/ST can apply till 35 years

Attempts/Chances: UPSC has also fixed number of attempts
General- 4 times
OBC-7 times
SC/ST-No Restrictions

UPSC Civil Services Exams are held in three stages:
Prelims
MAINS
Interview
19th May 2014, 11:50 AM
Unregistered

I really want to be an ias officer. But i want this reservations for sc st obc shoupd be removed yes no problem if you provide for bpl but what the
Hell has the 21 ce general caste done to sc st obc that they are suffering ??
And the one who did the tortuer are no more and the one who tolerated that are no more
Sc st obc have enjoyed and had have enough for more than 5o years. Now please save the general caste
And for all the general caste's sake and for god do stop this system!!! Plzz mr. Modi. Stop it !! Its a kind request . Please take into consideration 1
9th January 2015, 03:40 PM
Unregistered

I am passed 12th class then what i do this time prepare for IAS?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?