28th January 2012, 11:54 AM
Unregistered

What should I do after passing diploma in civil engineering?

I am a student of diploma in civil engineering at final year. What i will do after passing diploma.Please give me some suggest.

21st June 2012, 11:44 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I do after passing diploma in civil engineering?

Being a diploma holder final year student your next step should be to secure admission to the B.Tech course. For this you should be prepared to take the LEET exam. The benefit of securing a good score in this exam is that you can join the second year of engineering directly. There is also an option available to appear for the regular engineering entrance exam. Other than this if you wish to gain work experience then you can join as a trainee in any of the construction firms.
11th July 2012, 02:30 PM
Unregistered

After diploma there is chance for BE for 1year?
26th July 2012, 04:36 PM
Unregistered

If I want to do job and also want to continue my engineering studies so what should do?
8th May 2013, 02:22 AM
Unregistered

If I complete the civil in diplomo means can we get the jobs in gulf countries? Plz suggest me
8th May 2013, 10:40 AM
Great Alexander of Macedo
Senior Member+

Dear Friend,
You may go on with Degrees or may be toward the job,But note that as not now but you will required degree in future so best is that you must pursue the degree now.
As there are only two way to go on with degree first is that to apply for First year and keep going on while second is that going directly to the second year and pursuing the degree programmes.

As,Government had implemented a Lateral Entry process only for Diploma holders to join the B.E or B.Tech programme from second year.But you may have to give the Entrance examinations for becoming eligible for the Lateral Entry Processes.

At Last choice is yours,Chose the one which you feel best for you as its matter of your life you may continue with educations carry forwarding with Degree or you may go on with Jobs.
8th May 2013, 11:34 AM
sonyalex
Member+

hai friends ....
have to go for B.tech ( civil engineering ) in second year with qualifying E-cet .
and also get job in construction field.
thank you.
8th May 2013, 05:22 PM
TARA001
Senior Member++++

Hello Friend ,

List of courses after diploma in civil engineering

- BE

- B.tech

- NDA

- Interior distant learning programme

- Interior architecture

- Auto cad

Career Options After Civil Diploma :

Civil : PWD, Pvt Construction Companies MNC, MES, Railways, etc.

GOOD LUCK !
8th May 2013, 07:06 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

While you can always go for the job, my opinion is that you should continue with the studies. Which means that you should take admission for the Bachelor of Technology course.

There are jobs after the diploma course but there is very little scope of increase in salary and promotion. However after B.Tech the chances of good salaried job increases.

The admission for Bachelor of Technology will be given to you under the lateral entry admission scheme. This scheme is for the diploma holders who want to study Bachelor of Technology.

Under the scheme, you will get direct admission into the second year of Engineering course. There will be no need to study first year and this will effectively make B.Tech. a 3 years long course for you.

I will recommend you to apply for B.Tech in Civil since you completed diploma in the same stream. There are number of colleges in India that reserves some seats for the lateral entry admission.

However IITs and NITs are not included in the list since both these prestigious institutes don't have any provision to offer lateral entry admission. They rely on the entrance exams like ISEET to offer admission to the students.

You will have to appear for the entrance exam to get the admission. The name of the exam is Lateral Entry Engineering Test (LEET). It is conducted in various states and to appear you must have 60 percent marks in the diploma course.
8th May 2013, 08:22 PM
eduforall
Senior Member+++

Hi,

After doing diploma, you can either take some job or do some higher studies.

If you look out for jobs, then you can get jobs in junior engineering positions.

But if you decide to do some higher studies, which is better also, you can do B.Tech,, which is a degree course.

Most of the government jobs, private jobs require degree in engineering, so if you are not a B.Tech. or B.E., then you might miss it.

So, B.Tech is a good option for you.

Now, since, you are a diploma holder, you will have an advantage of getting admission in second year of B.tech.

This process is called Lateral Entry and the exam conducted for it is called LEET

Eligibility for LEET -

Diploma in any stream with 60% marks.

Age should not be more than 28 years.

Colleges / Universities offering admission through LEET -

Anna University

Lovely Professional University

Kurukshetra University

Vinayaka Mission University

NITs

Tamil Nadu University

Dr D Y Patil University

SRM University

Thapar University

IP University, Delhi

8th May 2013, 11:12 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend

After doing Diploma in civil engineering ,you can go for the job as well as higher studies also .But you will get job of less worth in which you have to work hard but you will not get salary equivalent to your work.

So I would suggest you to go for the higher studies so that you can have more job and career opportunities.

The best thing for you will be to pursue your bachelor's degree in civil engineering from a recognized university.But for this you need to appear for the entrance test called LEET for entry into different engineering colleges.

LEET is the Lateral Entry Entrance test.This is the entrance test for the diploma holders to get admission in bachelor's degree in engineering in their respective stream and it requires minimum of 60% marks in it .

After clearing this exam you will be directly admitted in second year of engineering .You can also get direct admission in some engineering colleges on the basis of diploma marks.

After finishing bachelor's degree you will have more opportunities like you can go for the GATE exam for the public sector undertakings like NTPC,BHEL,SAIL,GAIL etc and you can also go for the Indian Engineering services.

Hope the information will definitely help you .If you want any more clarification or you have any other query please leave it here.

all the best for your career.

aashisranjan784
24th July 2013, 11:05 PM
Unregistered

if i not get 45% marks in h.s then any problem after diploma?
5th September 2014, 06:50 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible for a first year student enrolling for a national diploma in CIVIL ENGINEERING and specialize as a Structural engineer?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?