20th May 2011, 10:02 AM
Unregistered

Can i do diploma in Civil engineering from IGNOU after B.Com and working in P.W.D?

I am a Bcom graduate in 2003. As i have got a job in Public Works Department I am willing to do a diploma in civil engineering from ignou so that it could help me opt for promotion. I looked for the link but such diploma is only for army personnel and I am a civilian. Can i still do the diploma in civil engineering? Kindly suggest.

Related Questions:
  1. How can I join IGNOU VEIP programme for B.Tech in Civil Engineering, I have done Diploma in Civil Engineering and working as a junior engineer?
  2. How can I get admission to study Part Time Civil Engineering Diploma course in IGNOU if having 5 years of working experience after ITI in Civil Draughtsman?
  3. Details of PWD JE exam for Civil Engineering student -- [New]
  4. Am I eligible to apply for PWD exam after completion of diploma in civil engineering?
  5. How may I do Civil Diploma while working in MNC?
  6. Can I pursue IGNOU diploma after doing diploma in civil engineering?
  7. Is the diploma Civil of IGNOU only for Army Personnel? Can I apply as a Civilian?
  8. IGNOU Diploma in Civil Engineering Advanced Survey Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  9. Is it possible for me to complete diploma in civil engineering while working?
  10. What is the date of availability of forms of PWD for engineering diploma holders?
  11. Colleges offering admission in B.Tech for Diploma holder in Civil Engineering completed from IGNOU?
  12. Is it possible to do B.Tech(Civil) through correspondence? List of AICTE and DEC approved universities offering the same facility?
  13. How to pass B.Com from IGNOU with good marks?
  14. IGNOU Diploma in Civil Engineering-Soil, Roads And Airfields Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  15. Colleges for distance B.E./B.Tech. in Civil Engineering after diploma in Civil Engineering? Procedure to apply for admission? -- [Most Discussed]
  16. Can I study Civil Diploma in IGNOU, Assam being an ITI holder?
  17. How to do B.E in Civil Engineering after completing 12th and diploma in electronics engineering? I am working in IAF as communication technician
  18. Can I join B.Tech or B.E civil engineering after completing diploma at IGNOU university?
20th May 2011, 03:21 PM
er.dellikannan

Default Re: Can i do diploma in Civil engineering from IGNOU after B.Com and working in P.W.D?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am a Bcom graduate in 2003. As i have got a job in Public Works Department I am willing to do a diploma in civil engineering from ignou so that it could help me opt for promotion. I looked for the link but such diploma is only for army personnel and I am a civilian. Can i still do the diploma in civil engineering? Kindly suggest.
yes you can do diploma in civil engineering in ignou with the help of your 12 mark sheet
20th May 2011, 04:05 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can i do diploma in Civil engineering from IGNOU after B.Com and working in P.W.D?

Hello friend,
You will be eligible for the diploma in civil engineering, offered by Indira Gandhi National Open University-IGNOU, if you have qualified the 10th standard exam with Physics, Chemistry and Maths. Apart from this, you must have a minimum of 2 years of working experience in construction industry.
As you have mentioned that you are employed in PWD, if it has been two years since your joining, you are eligible with the above mentioned eligibility criteria.
But if it has not been two years, you are still eligible if you have passed the 10th standard exam with a minimum of 55% or have passed +2 level of exam with Physics, Chemistry and Maths.
For more information, refer to the official website of IGNOU.
20th May 2011, 04:33 PM
er.dellikannan

Quote:
yes ,you can do diploma in civil engineering from ignou it help you to opt for promotion.

good luck..........................
20th May 2011, 04:38 PM
mandiv

hello dear...........

among the various courses conducted by Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU), one is Diploma in Civil Engineering. The course code is, DCLE. Amongst the various eligibility requirements, one of the major one is that the candidate needs to be an Army personnel. Moreover the candidate must have passed class 10 or equivalent examination from any recognized board or university, and also must have passed Grade II examination, which is conducted by Corps of Engineers, Indian Army in various trades.

since as you mentioned above that you are a civilian so sorry you are not eligible for it dear............
6th June 2011, 01:14 PM
Unregistered

Dear sir,
i have complete my =2 computer science few year back. Now i wish to join diploma in civil engineering by
distance education of ignou
sir please send the information of this course in the year 2011
my mail id is [email protected]
10th June 2011, 12:29 PM
Unregistered

Dear sir,
i have complete my 2 computer science few year back. Now i wish to join diploma in civil engineering by
distance education of ignou
sir please send the information of this course in the year 2011
my mail id is [email protected]
8th July 2011, 02:08 PM
Unregistered

dear sir,
main CIVIL ENGINEERING me diploma karna chahta hu......aur main jis ignou community collage (Institute of Engineer) waha mujhe BPP course ke baare me bataya hai ki BPP exam pass karne se sidhe diploma ke 5th semester me admission ho jata hai...........pls sir mujhe jaldi iska rly kariye......thanks
14th July 2011, 12:18 PM
Chinnathambiramachandran

Sir,
currently working for one construcion company

i am completed for diplamo computer technology

i like to distance education of diplamo civil eng

is it possible kindly advice

My Email id - [email protected]

Thx
15th July 2011, 12:05 AM
Unregistered

Re: Can i do diploma in Civil engineering from IGNOU after B.Com and working in P.W.D?

dear sir,
main CIVIL ENGINEERING me diploma karna chahta hu......aur main jis ignou community collage (Institute of Engineer) waha mujhe BPP course ke baare me bataya hai ki BPP exam pass karne se sidhe diploma ke 5th semester me admission ho jata hai...........pls sir mujhe jaldi iska rly kariye......thanks.......plz rly kijiye jaldi......

my email id is- [email protected]
30th July 2011, 07:14 PM
Unregistered

Can a diploma in Mechanical engineering student from IGNOU get admission to any engineering college?
10th August 2011, 11:43 AM
Unregistered

Der sir,

I am completed my ITI draugtsman Mechanical in 1995 & Completed B.Sc. (Geology) in 2004. Now i want to do Diploma Civil frm IGNO. Is it possible to do Diploma with in two yeasr.

Or is there any option to join Btech second year....

Thanks Venkat
27th August 2011, 11:49 AM
Unregistered

Can I switch over to Mechanical Engineering after BCom/CA.
I was forced to enter commerce because of my parents pressure without having any liking for the stream.
Kindly guide me urgently..!!
7th September 2011, 07:36 PM
Unregistered

sir , I am in army.I want to do DME.Please advice me. thanks
30th September 2011, 11:22 PM
Unregistered

can i do diploma in mechanical engg in IGNOU PUNE kindly suggest me
1st October 2011, 12:51 AM
umathkavi

Yes you are eligible to do diploma from IGNOU in civil engineering if you are having an experience of 2 years in construction works.
You can apply it with your 10th marksheet and experience.
18th October 2011, 06:54 PM
divi ana

Is it possible to do DIPLOMA in civil jus after completing 10th in CBSE.. If so wen does the admission open in IGNOU... pls kindly reply....
19th November 2011, 03:50 PM
Unregistered

Is any way to do mechanical engineering after b.com?
22nd November 2011, 08:44 PM
Unregistered

i have done BSc and presently working in indian railways in permanent way department. I want to know can i do diploma in civil engineering f
from IGNOU. Please also tell when does this course start. My email address is [email protected]. i will be thankful to get reply.
25th January 2012, 01:29 AM
Unregistered

i want to change my course, my qualification is business management level 6. can i apply for civil engineering degree
31st January 2012, 02:18 PM
Unregistered

Can i do diploma in civil from ignou,I have work experience of 3yr after 10th?
27th February 2012, 09:22 PM
Unregistered

Dear Sir,
I am Raghvinder singh willing to do a civil engineering deploma by distance learning course
I have done 10th with PCM & 2 with Arts. Presentaly working with construction company since
6 year kindly suggest me how to apply for above course in this year 2012 & if possiable send
me prospect on my E-Mail ID [email protected]

Thanks & Regards,
18th March 2012, 01:40 PM
Unregistered

WHAT DATE FOR CIVIL ENGINEERING EXAM DATE 2012
25th March 2012, 11:01 PM
Unregistered

now i completed diploma in computer science engg but not clear some subjects are uncleared up to 3rd sem is cleared
But now i am doing job in civil field so i want to do civil engg. how much years it will takes? 2 or 3?
replay me.
29th March 2012, 02:47 PM
Unregistered

Sir, i am a b.com completed in 2010, now i want to do civil engineering. Can i do it from any private sector school?
29th March 2012, 02:50 PM
Unregistered

Sir, i am a b.com completed in 2010, now i want to do civil engineering. Can i do it from any private sector school?
31st March 2012, 03:19 AM
Unregistered

my husband is working in a construction company as a site manager. he has 5 years experience. HIs education qualificatio is syba. is he eligible for diploma in civil engineering or any other course dat will help to boost his career.
And can he appear the civil engineering exam or whichevet other exam dat you may suggest in hindi medium. pls reply at [email protected]
12th May 2012, 05:48 PM
Unregistered

i have passed 10 with 48% and 12 with 78% and i have completed my graduation in 2006 with 48%. i am corrently working with private airlines i ground staff in delhi.
i am looking forward for some diploma in engineering or B.ed or as i am form comerce back ground some other suggestion.

appreciate if you can gide me. Thak // sk
21st May 2012, 03:12 AM
Unregistered

Sir i have scored 53% in schooling with pcm and 57% in 2 with commerce background can i do civil engineering
4th June 2012, 01:55 AM
Unregistered

can i do diploma in civil engineering

i am B.COM graduate. want to work in construction line {road construction} as surveyer or quality control so can i do diploma in civil engineering
24th July 2012, 09:10 PM
Unregistered

sir i have completed b.tech in computer but now i want to do distance education diploma in civil engineering.can i do ?pls rply
25th July 2012, 02:59 PM
sheelasnj

You will be eligible for the diploma in civil engineering, offered by Indira Gandhi National Open University-IGNOU, if you have qualified the 10th standard exam with Physics, Chemistry and Maths. Apart from this, you must have a minimum of 2 years of working experience in construction industry.
As you have mentioned that you are employed in PWD, if it has been two years since your joining, you are eligible with the above mentioned eligibility criteria.
But if it has not been two years, you are still eligible if you have passed the 10th standard exam with a minimum of 55% or have passed +2 level of exam with Physics, Chemistry and Maths.
For more information, refer to the official website of IGNOU
25th July 2012, 11:50 PM
savan kumar chaitanya

if you have qualified the 10th standard exam with Physics, Chemistry and Maths. Apart from this, you must have a minimum of 2 years of working experience in construction industry.
5th December 2012, 08:13 PM
TARRANNUM NAZ

Sir! i have done my inter (science Pre-Engineering) from SSC examintaion can i do diploma in civil engineering? and i also want to work in P.W.D?
please sir, kindly guide me.
2nd February 2013, 09:20 PM
Unregistered

i had completed 10 class with 40% marks and i completed 12 class with 45% marks i had an diploma in safety ,health,and enviorment i want to an diploma in civil engg.from IGNOU WILL IT BE POSSIBLE..
7th February 2013, 07:14 PM
shilpanaidu 123
Senior Member+

For more information, refer to the official website of IGNOU
5th March 2013, 10:54 PM
Unregistered

sir
I am B.COM graduate working with a construction firm I want to do diploma in civil eng is it possible from IGNOU ? PLEASE CONFIRM ME
My mail id - [email protected] .
6th March 2013, 12:17 PM
Unregistered

can we do diploma from Institute of civil engineering? is it aproved by aicte ?
6th April 2013, 12:49 PM
Unregistered

I am B.COM graduate in 2010 , but I want to do diploma in civil eng is it possible from IGNOU ? or mumbai university please confirm me. my email id [email protected].
i need this
6th April 2013, 03:35 PM
k chanchal
Member+

Quote:
Hello Aspirant,

What you say is totally correct.The diploma in engineering for general civilian is not available in IGNOU.

So since you have completed your B.Com & got job in PWD,you can do MBA by correspondence so that you can be further promoted to managerial post as early as possible.

You can do management course from IGNOU while working & get your promotion.

Thanks & well wishing.
17th June 2013, 10:27 PM
Unregistered

Can i do diploma in Civil engineering from IGNOU after B.A.

Source: http://entrance-exam.net/forum/general-discussion/can-i-do-diploma-civil-engineering-ignou-after-b-com-working-p-w-d-171996.html#ixzz2WUB4f7bO
30th June 2013, 02:31 PM
Unregistered

Can i do diploma in Civil engineering from IGNOU after B.TECH in ECE
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?