1st December 2018, 09:42 AM
abhidaniel

What should I study after 12th Science to become a Superintendent Police?

Hi everyone, I am studying in 12th standard and I am a Science student. I want to become a Superintendent Police. So,I would like to know that what should I study after my 12th to achieve my aim?

2nd December 2018, 09:24 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I study after 12th Science to become a Superintendent Police?

I would like to suggest you the best way to become a Police supritendent, after completion of 12th science you have to complete your graduation in whichever subject you want. After that clear UPSC CSAT with good percentage and rank then if qualified choose I.P.S( Indian Police Service) among all other group A posts. After 14 years of service you will be promoted as police supritendent.

Another way is to clear your State Public Service Commission Examination and choose police post in qualified. It is very respectable job as you will be paid in your home district with powerful post like D.SP. However the promotions are slower than I.P.S cadres.

Another way is Sub Inspector entry in your state police department. Most of the sub inspectors in India are the main officers who work hard and investigate crimes.
3rd December 2018, 11:38 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I study after 12th Science to become a Superintendent Police?

To become Superintendent of Police you have to appear and qualify in Civil Service Examination. The examination is conducted by UPSC.

The eligibility to appear in the examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university. The age limit is 21-32 years with relaxation for reserved category.

So, you have to complete the bachelor degree course to appear in the examination. For more information visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?