27th March 2019, 08:53 PM
Unregistered

What should I study after 2nd PUC to become Astronaut?

I have completed my 2nd PUC. I want to become an Astronomer. I don't know what should I study next to become an Astronaut. This is my childhood dream till now. Please help me out and let me know what should I study further?

30th March 2019, 10:35 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I study after 2nd PUC to become Astronaut?

To become an Astronaut or Astronomer, firstly you need to complete your 2nd PUC from Science stream i.e. Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.

You must have PCM stream subjects in your 11th and 12th, then only you will be eligible for engineering entrance exams like JEE Main, JEE Advanced, BITSAT, SRMEE, KIITEE, etc.

After qualifying anyone of the entrance exams, you need to take admission to Aeronautical engineering or Aerospace engineering branch in engineering college.

After getting admission and completion of 3-4 years duration course, you can apply to space research organizations or companies.

At first you will be trainee and as your experience grows, you will become Astronaut.
1st April 2019, 03:30 PM
harmanpreetbatth

Hello,
As you want to become an astronaut, you should complete your 2nd PUC in science stream and should have PCM subjects in your 11th and 12th class i.e. Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. You should try to get at least 75% in 12th class, so that you can appear for JEE, Bitsat etc well known exams to get admission in one of the best engineering institutes of India. Here, you should pursue your B.tech. You should try to complete your B.tech in Aeronautical Engineering, but if you're not able to do so, you can take admission in mechanical, civil or computer engineering. But you should complete your Masters in Aeronautical Engineering. So, it would be best if you complete both B.tech and Masters in Aeronautical Engineering. If you want to get job in ISRO you must be an Indian and the best option would be to sit for ISAT examination which allows you to study at IIST (Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology) and you get a contract of 5 years to work at ISRO. You can find all the fee related details on the IIST website.
So, this is the whole procedure to become an astronaut. I hope you,ll like it.
Thank You....
1st April 2019, 03:56 PM
harmanpreetbatth

Hello,
As you want to become an astronaut, You should complete your 2nd PUC in science stream and You should have PCM subjects in 11th and 12th class. You must try to achieve at least 75% marks in 12th class, so that you can appear for JEE, BITSAT etc exams and are able to get admission at one of the best engineering institutes of India.
Now after 12th class, You should try to pursue your B.tech in Aeronautical Engineering, but if you are not able to do so, You can take admission in Civil, Computer or Mechanical Engineering. But you should complete your Masters in Aeronautical Engineering. So, it would be better to take admission in Aeronautical Engineering both in B.tech and Masters.
After all that, For ISRO, the best option would be to sit for ISAT examination which allows you to study at IIST (Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology) and you get a contract of 5 years to work at ISRO. You can find all the fee related details on the IIST website. If you follow all the steps you will definitely an Astronaut.
I hope this information will be helpful for you.
Thank You....
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?