13th December 2016, 03:34 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply for GATE exam after completing B.Tech course? When can I apply for the course and what is the procedure to apply?

Respected Sir, I am pursuing 3rd year B.Tech course and after completing it I want to apply for GATE exam so I want to know am I eligible to apply for GATE exam after completing B.Tech course? When can I apply for the course and what is the procedure to apply? Please answer as soon as possible.

14th December 2016, 08:08 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for GATE exam after completing B.Tech course? When can I apply for the course and what is the procedure to apply?

You need B.Tech degree with at least 60% marks to become eligible for GATE. There is relaxation of 5% marks for candidates who belong to reserved category. Therefore, just make sure that you have the required marks in B.Tech before applying for the exam.

One can apply for it online through their official website and send the print out of the application form with required documents. Every year GATE is organised by different IIT and official link is provided in the notification.
14th December 2016, 09:55 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for GATE exam after completing B.Tech course? When can I apply for the course and what is the procedure to apply?

GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering. The academic qualification required for this exam is bachelor's degree in technology or engineering from a recognized institute. Candidates studying in final year of Bachelor of Technology can also apply for this examination.

Yes, you will be eligible to apply for this examination after completion or Bachelor of technology or in final year of this course. GATE is conducted by IIT or IISC. You need to check latest notification of GATE in final year of your bachelor's degree. When notification will be released for GATE exam, you should visit official website of examination conducting authority and apply for the exam. GATE 2017 will be conducted by IIT Roorkee.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?