16th December 2018, 07:27 PM
Gitanjalimishra

What should be our minimum qualification to be eligible for Indian Economics Services?

I have completed my M.Com & has Economics as one of the major subject in my Post Graduation. Therefore, on basis of this am I eligible to apply for Indian Economics Services (IES)?

30th December 2018, 05:03 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should be our minimum qualification to be eligible for Indian Economics Services?

--> The basic qualifications required for Indian Economics Services (IES) examination are as below :-

* You must hold the nationality of India.

* Your age must lie within 21 years to 30 years. Age relaxation is allowed for candidates belonging to reserved category as per the government norms.

* You must have completed your post graduation degree course in Economics /Applied Economics /Business Economics / Econometrics or equivalent from a recognised university.

So, having Economics as one of the major subjects in your Master degree course, you are eligible to apply for IES examination as far as the educational requirement for the same examination is concerned.

For more details regarding IES examination, you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?