29th September 2011, 11:22 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for Indian Economic Services entrance after doing PG in Business Economics?

i am post graduate in business economics (MBE) i want to know that ,Am i eligible for Indian Economic Services entrance.

Related Questions:
  1. After acquiring the qualifications of M.A.(Economics) and CMA can I appear in Indian Economic Services examination? -- [New]
  2. Is it possible to write Indian Economic Service exam after studying PGDM course?
  3. Indian Economic Service Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  4. Whether an Economics postgraduate is eligible to join Indian Economics Services? Procedure and syllabus?
  5. How much percentage is required in BA for being eligible for IES exam?
  6. What are the subjects that I should take in B.A for my future in IES?
  7. Which course is more helpful between B.A and B.Com in future?
  8. IES Exam Details -- [Most Discussed]
  9. M.Com holder in Applied Economics is eligible for IES 2015?
  10. Am I eligible for Indian Economic Services exam after completion of post graduation course via distance mode? Can someone let me know on the eligibility criteria followed for the IES exam?
  11. Masters of Economics through distance education is applicable for Indian Economic Services Exam?
  12. Detailed information and eligibility to apply in Indian Economic Services exam for B.Sc(Economics) final year student?
  13. Is post graduation in economics compulsory for giving IES exam?
  14. Educational criteria for ISS and IES exam
  15. Can a MCA final year student apply for IES exam? Government job exams for MCA students?
  16. Am I eligible to appear for the exam of Indian Economic Services after completing B.A LLB(Hons)
  17. Which P course to pursue for Indian Economic Service? How being CA or CS can help?
  18. Do I need to go for masters degree in economics to appear for Indian Economics service exams? I am pursuing CA
1st October 2011, 12:20 AM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for Indian Economic Services entrance after doing PG in Business Economics?

Dear Friend

For the Indian Economic Service one should have a Post Graduate degree in Economics/Applied Economics/Business Economics/Econometrics and
for the Indian Statistical Service one should have a Post Graduate degree in
Statistics/Mathematical Statistics/Applied Statistics.

Therefore, you are eligible for the Indian Economic Service for sure.

Visit the UPSC's official website to get any further details about the exam
and the notification for the exam.

http://www.upsc.gov.in/

The application process for IES/ISS 2011 has been closed.

The next exam shall be conducted in December-2012, the notification for which
shall be published in August 2012.
1st October 2011, 01:01 AM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for Indian Economic Services entrance after doing PG in Business Economics?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i am post graduate in business economics (MBE) i want to know that ,Am i eligible for Indian Economic Services entrance.
Hello friend,
Having done your post graduation in Business Economics, you are definitely eligible for the Indian Economic Service Exam.
To apply for the exam, you must have attained the age of 21 years and must not be over 30 years.
The maximum age limit is relaxed upto 3 years for OBC and 5 years for SC/ST category.
For further information, refer to the official website of UPSC.
1st October 2011, 01:32 AM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

hi dear...
The details Information from upsc of Economic exam are as follows.

good luck...........
1st October 2011, 01:32 AM
ANKIT050

: Am I eligible for Indian Economic Services entrance after doing PG in Business Economics?

Dear Friend

For the Indian Economic Service one should have a Post Graduate degree in Economics/Applied Economics/Business Economics/Econometrics and
for the Indian Statistical Service one should have a Post Graduate degree in
Statistics/Mathematical Statistics/Applied Statistics.

Therefore, you are eligible for the Indian Economic Service for sure.

Visit the UPSC's official website to get any further details about the exam

http://www.upsc.gov.in/

The application process for IES/ISS 2011 has been closed.

The next exam shall be conducted in December-2012, the notification for which
shall be published in August 2012.
4th October 2011, 02:24 PM
Unregistered

Which is the best coaching institute for the coaching of Indian Economic Services exam in delhi?
I've done little online research and all i got were the IAS coaching istitutes. Sadly non of them have anything to do with IES.
It'd be of great help if anyone can suggest an institute specializing in this.
23rd November 2011, 06:34 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility for IES - Indian Economic Service

Hi
I have completed my bachelors in BE (Computer Science)and PG in MBA (Sys and Mkt) with Economics as one of the subject in the two year regular MBA course in Anna University. I want write IES exam next year 2012, Am I eligible to write this exam?

UPSC site say the eligibility as PG in Economic/Applied Eco/Business Eco and Econometrics.

Kindly clarify.

Thanks
Sincerely
Mohaneswaran K
19th January 2012, 12:12 AM
Unregistered

can mba student is eligible for IES
29th February 2012, 02:40 PM
sujukisamurai
Senior Member+

you should have a Post Graduate degree in Economics/Applied Economics/Business Economics/Econometrics and for the Indian Statistical Service one should have a Post Graduate degree inStatistics/Mathematical Statistics/Applied StatisticsTherefore, you are eligible for the Indian Economic Service for sure.Visit the UPSC's official website to get any further details about the exam
14th March 2012, 05:40 PM
Unregistered

hello sir ....i hv done my BE(civil)...and PG in bussiness economics(correspondence) ..am i eligible fr IES...pls clarify
16th March 2012, 02:29 PM
Unregistered

Im doin my MBA in Finance ? Am i eligible for IES
21st March 2012, 02:17 PM
Unregistered

can you provide me with previous years question papers
29th March 2012, 10:01 PM
Unregistered

Am i eligible to take up IES after completing my PG in development economics...???
4th April 2012, 08:39 PM
Unregistered

I have a Masters in Economics from a foriegn university. Am i elidgible?
8th April 2012, 12:44 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for Indian Economic Services entrance ? i have PG in Agricultural Economics??
5th May 2012, 04:39 PM
Unregistered

MY DOB IS 27-06-1983.AM I ELIGIBLE FOR "INDIAN ECONOMIC SERVICE"2013 ATTEMPT.LIKEWISE,AM I ELIGIBLE CIVIL SERVICES 2013 ATTEMPT?I DO NOT BELONGS TO ANY RESERVED CATEGORY.FRIENDS PLS SUGGEST ME ANY SOLUTION TO ENHANCE MY NO. OF ATTEMPTS FOR APPEARING CIVIL SERVICES.
17th June 2012, 06:17 PM
Unregistered

i have got 50% in mbe
tell me iam eligible
4th July 2012, 05:55 PM
Unregistered

if one has done a postgraduate degree from a foreign university, is he or she applicable to give ies exam?
20th September 2012, 09:38 PM
Unregistered

am i eligible for indian economics services entrance after doing masters in agricultural economics ?
9th October 2012, 02:32 PM
Unregistered

wheather the MBA (finance) people can apply???
11th January 2013, 11:27 PM
infoysis
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yes your eligible for IES Entrance Examination After Completing your Post graduation course in Business Economics ..

IES ie:- Indian Economic Service and this Examination is conducted by upsc ie:- Union Public Service . This Examination is held every once in a year . This Examination is Basically conducted during the month of November.

Eligibility Criteria required for IES Examination :-

Nationality :- The candidate should be Citizen of India.

Age Criteria :- The Candidate should Attained the age of 21 years and less than 28 years and Upper age relaxation will applicable for the candidate who belong from sc/st candidates and obc candidates .

Educational Qualifications :- The candidate should Complete graduation in any one of the specialization like, Economics, Applied Economics, Business Economics, Econometrics Etc.. from recognized University . Final year candidate may also eligible to apply for this Examination . Final year candidate may also eligible to apply for this Examination . No Minimum Percentage of marks require for this Examination .

This Examination is divided into three levels namely , Preliminary Examination / Main Examination and Interview .

IES Examination Pattern :-

Coaching Classes for IES Examination :-

# Ganesh IAS
# Excel Career India
# Brilliance IAS
# Naipunya Academy
# Confidence IAS Academy
# National Academy for Civil Services Examinations

Books for IES Examination :-

# Micro Economics by Ahuja
# Micro Economics by Koutsoyiannis
# Monetary Economics: SB Gupta / ML Jinghan and RBI Reports
# Public Finance by Bhatia
# Indian Economy by Dutt and Sundaram / Mishra and Puri / A N Agarwala;
# Indian Economy by Planning chapter of Uma Kapila
13th January 2013, 10:43 PM
educationindia
Senior Member+

HI Friends...............

YES you are definitely eligible for Indian economic services entrance after doing PG in Business Economics...........

ALL THE BEST...............
30th April 2018, 04:01 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for applying Indian Economics Service after completing PG in Agriculture economics?
1st August 2019, 11:28 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for Indian Economic Services entrance after doing PG in agricultural Economics?
28th October 2020, 08:33 PM
Unregistered

am I elligible to apply for IES after doing my Msc in agricultural economics?
23rd April 2021, 10:33 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for Indian Economic Services entrance after doing PG in agricultural Economics?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?