9th November 2018, 04:26 PM
Unregistered

What should be our overall percentage in Post Graduation to be eligible for NET?

I got 50 percent in my Post Graduation MA in English Literature. Can I face National Eligibility Test (NET) exam for coming session?

15th November 2018, 07:59 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

Default Re: What should be our overall percentage in Post Graduation to be eligible for NET?

NET refers to National Eligibility cum Entrance Test and to be eligible for appearing in the same examination the minimum education required is a master's degree in subject opted for appearing in NET with at least 55% marks from a recognized university. Marks relaxation of 5% is allowed for SC/ST or PH category candidates.

So, having managed 50% marks in your MA in English literature, you are eligible for appearing in NET only if you belong to SC/ST or PH category.

For more details regarding NET, you can refer to the link www.nta.ac.in.
17th November 2018, 08:59 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should be our overall percentage in Post Graduation to be eligible for NET?

NET is National Eligibility Test. Entrance examination is conducted for recruitment as an assistant professor or for recruitment as JRF.

The eligibility to appear in the examination is that candidate must have scored minimum 55% in master degree. There is 5% relaxation in aggregate for reserved category.

So, if you belong to the general category then you are not eligible to appear for examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?