18th August 2012, 08:38 PM
Unregistered

What subjects are there in NET? I am pursuing M.Com Part II from Mumbai University

I am currently pursuing ,M.com part 2 from Mumbai university.I want to know what subjects are there in Net and how to go for it,I want to apply for it in 2013 please help me regarding this.

22nd August 2012, 03:23 AM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What subjects are there in NET? I am pursuing M.Com Part II from Mumbai University

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am currently pursuing ,M.com part 2 from Mumbai university.I want to know what subjects are there in Net and how to go for it,I want to apply for it in 2013 please help me regarding this.
Since you are pursuing Master of Commerce (M.Com), you will be able to take National Eligibility Test in Commerce. As per the guidelines of University Grant Commission, candidates possessing masters degree with a minimum of 55% marks shall only be considered eligible to take National Eligibility Test. However, candidates belonging to SC/ST category may take the test by scoring 50% or more in the masters degree examination. Candidate possessing masters degree in a particular discipline can take the test in the same. So, after completion of your Master of Commerce program, you will be considered eligible to take the test in commerce provided you qualify the masters degree examination with minimum marks as mentioned above.

The National Eligibility Test comprise of three papers:
  • General Paper on Teaching & Research Aptitude - Paper I
  • Subject of Expertise - Paper II
  • Subject of Expertise - Paper III

In order to check out the syllabus of Commerce, Click Here.

Syllabus of General Paper on Teaching & Research Aptitude.
9th September 2012, 10:32 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: What subjects are there in NET? I am pursuing M.Com Part II from Mumbai University

I have completed M-com and I want to give Net exam so please tell me what paper I can choose like management or economics etc
10th September 2012, 01:31 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

National Eligibility Test is conducted to select lecturer for the central government colleges. It is the responsiblity of University Grants Commission to conduct the National Eligibility Exam.

The NET exam is conducted twice a year. First time it takes place in June while on second occassion the exam takes place in December. Since you are currently pursuing M.Com, you would have to wait till completing the degree course or at least the final year of M.Com before you can apply for the National Eligibility Test.

In case you have decided to apply for NET Exam before completing the M.Com course, make sure that you would be able to meet certain requirements which includes the overall percentage required for the NET Exam else you would be disqualifed. Below are the requirements:

Eligibility

>> You must be Indian citizen.

>> Post graduation degree in any stream from a UGC recognised university.

>> At least 55 percent marks in post graduation course.

>> In case of SC/ST, only 50 percent marks are required.

>> As mentioned earlier, Final year students of master degree may also apply.

>> However they would require to submit the degree within 2 years of passing the NET Exam else would be disqualified.

>> The age limit for JRF is 28 years.

>> There is no age limit for Lectureship.

>> There is no limit on number of attempts.

As far as the subjects are concerned. your subject for NET would be same in which you completed post graduation course. Your syllabus for the National Eligibility Exam would also depend on it. The list of subjects can be checked here - http://ugcnetonline.in/subjects.php
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?