9th February 2013, 02:36 PM
Unregistered

What is the syllabus for CAT after 2 years?

What is sallabus of cat 2014...could u please tell me how much is it

26th July 2013, 12:46 PM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: What is the syllabus for CAT after 2 years?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi,

CAT : Common Admission Test

Syllabus for CAT is really not a fixed set of things. CAT is conducted by IIMs on rotation policy to select the best brains for admissions into their programs. There is lot more emphasis on individuals IQ levels than on marks obtained in its exams.

CAT checks the thinking pattern of a human. Whether it suits the management environment or not. Well coming straight to the point CAT really don't have any fixed set of topics as syllabus. This is pretty clear by its surprise questions each year in the CAT exam.

Most students try to be prepared with every topic as they can and instructed by coaching center. Most coaching center train its students based on tentative syllabus and most important topics for an aspiring MBA student.

Syllabus when broadly classified we can find two main areas they are
1) Mathematics aptitude
2) English aptitude

In mathematics aptitude, questions will be from pure maths, applied maths, analogy based maths with the name of data interpretation, speed maths in the name of calculative maths etc etc.

In English, direct vocab questions, meanings of the words, Reading comprehension, Data sufficiency, Logical understanding. Reasoning based etc.

Thereto I will attach a file which contains tentative syllabus of CAT but don't completely rely on it. See that you won't miss the topics which are in the attached file provided be open to any surprise questions in the actual exam.

Regards
Attached Files
File Type: pdf CAT syllabus.pdf(19.3 KB, 38 views)
27th July 2013, 10:10 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the syllabus for CAT after 2 years?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

CAT stands for Common Admission Test .

This examination is Conducted by IIM's Every year for admission in IIM and top level MBA college .

Those candidate have completed graduation degree with above 50% marks are applicable for CAT exam but your degree must be recognized.

For SC/ST candidate the percentage is 45 % in graduation.There is no age limitation for the candidate.Final year student are applicable for This exam.

Selection Process for CAT exam are Written exam , Group Discussion , personal Interview.

List of the topics are coming in CAT Exam are given below so you should prepare well on these topics -

Number of Questions:- 60
Total Time:- 2 hours 35 minutes
Reading Time:- 15 minutes

English Comprehension
Data Analysis and Data Sufficiency
Logical & Critical Reasoning
Quantitative Aptitude
General awareness

Best Books for CAT Exam:-
  1. The Pearson Guide To Quantitative Aptitude And Data Interpretation For The CAT by Nishit K. Sinha
  2. Latest, CATest & Quickest A Practice Book for Prometric CAT 2012 by Sarvesh Kumar Verma
  3. Quantitative Aptitude for CAT & other Entrance Exams by Avinash Agarwal, Shipra Agarwal
  4. Target New CAT - Past Papers (2005 - 2010) + 5 Mock Tests by Disha Experts
I have attached the syllabus for CAT Exam so please check it out .
Attached Files
File Type: txt SYLLABUS FOR CAT EXAM 2013.txt(2.1 KB, 48 views)
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?