12th February 2013, 08:28 PM
Unregistered

What is the syllabus for CAT?

What's the syllabus for cat?..could u please give me the details for the same

13th February 2013, 06:10 PM
shweta suri

Default Re: What is the syllabus for CAT?

G.k
english
maths
u.g. Subjects
15th February 2013, 01:34 PM
onlyforyou
Senior Member+++

Dear There,

The acronym for CAT is Common Admission Test.

Indian Institutes of Management conducts CAT examination every year.

The eligibility criteria required for the CAT examination are prescribed as below:-

* Completion of graduation with at least 50% marks from any recognised college or university.

* 45% marks in graduation for SC/ST contendors.

* Final year contendors of graduation are also eligible for this CAT examination.

The selection procedure for CAT examination is mentioned as below:-

* Written examination.

* GD(Group Discussion).

* Personal interview.

CAT exam pattern:-

* Verbal Ability.

* Reading Comprehension.

* Data Interpretation.

* Problem Solving.

Hope the above mentioned will help you to get the information you were searching for.
16th February 2013, 04:32 PM
Beawar

Dear..

CAT stands for common admission test. It is a exam conducted by India's Top business schools collectively known as Indian Institute of Management. Every year the responsibility of conducting CAT passes on to some other IIM from the previous one. The exam is very tough to crack and it is conducted to select candidate to study management from prestigious college of Indian Institute of Management.

The eligibility of exam is as follows :-

1. Graduation is required
2. Graduation can be completed in any stream
3. University of graduate must be a valid university
4. There is no age limit to complete the course
5. The minimum percentage required marks is 50% for General and OBC candidate
6. However only 45% are required for SC as well as ST candidate

Syllabus :-

English :- Passage, Comprehension, Synonym antonym, Jumbled sentences and spot the error as well as Direct indirect and word meaning with summary precise

Maths :- Probability, Mensuration, Speed distance, Simple and compound interest, Linear equations, Algebra, Average, Profit and loss

Data analysis:- Analysis of data based on Bar diagram, Charts, graphs, pictorials figure charts etc

Reasoning :- Age related question, calender, mental ability, assumption, logical reasoning, Sequencing, Time date etc.

Hope it will help

Cheers...!!!
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?