21st June 2014, 11:29 PM
Unregistered

Should I go for GATE instead of dropping 2 years for CAT?

sir
i am passing out in 10 days from my college. I don't have preparation for cat. i can do better in cat next year but meanwhile I'll be having a drop of 2 years.. what should i do ? How would this affect my chances in the future during interview ? or should i go for gate and try my chances there... all confused...

10th August 2014, 02:22 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I go for GATE instead of dropping 2 years for CAT?

This is one of the most common confusions in the minds of the students especially the engineering students whether to go for GATE or CAT. You should take the decision as per your interest and current status of education. Analyze the below points and then take decision.

- Your interest and comfort - Management field or technical field.
- Your current status of preparation for CAT and GATE.
- Your communication skills and english.

If interest and comfort is management then go for CAT and if technical, then go for technical. If status of preparation is good for GATE then go for GATE otherwise the other option. If status preparation is not good in either then take decision on the basis of first and last points. If communication skills and english is good then management is well suited otherwise technical should be your option.
25th July 2015, 01:02 PM
moto g

Hello.

I think you shpould take decision as per your interst.
And if you are thinking for GATE then for cracking the GATE exam you should have clear concepts of the core subjects.
And in CAT they used to check your english,mathemeatics(basic) and your communication skills.
If you have inbterst in the management field then youy should definitley go for CAT and if you have god knowldege of core subject of your respected field and you have interest also then you should go for GATE exam.

All the best.
25th July 2015, 01:03 PM
moto g

Hello.

I think you should take decision as per your interest.
And if you are thinking for GATE then for cracking the GATE exam you should have clear concepts of the core subjects.
And in CAT they used to check your english,mathemeatics(basic) and your communication skills.
If you have interst in the management field then you should definitley go for CAT and if you have good knowldege of core subject of your respected field and you have interest also then you should go for GATE exam.

All the best.
25th July 2015, 09:41 PM
sonu@125

Hello Friend..

First of all you have to look through your interest..
if you have keen interest in technical part then go for GATE..
if you have interest in non tech part then go for CAT exam..

It's all depends upon you..

All the best..
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?