1st August 2012, 02:32 AM
ruchi chaudhery

What is the syllabus for NET CSIR Chemistry?

Syllabus for NET CSIR Chemistry for this year?

Hi Team,

I needed the syllabus for NET CSIR chemistry for the year 2012.

Will you be kind enough to provide me the suitable location
so that my question gets addressed.

Regards
ruchi

1st August 2012, 08:34 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the syllabus for NET CSIR Chemistry?

University Grant Comission National Eligibility Test is for candidates who wish to apply for lecturer job in central government colleges. NET is a very tough exam and it requires proper preparation to crack the NET exam for employment as central government college teachers.

Cracking the UGC NET exam is not easy by if you work hard and practice along with proper guidance you can prepare yourself for the National Eligibility Test. One good way to prepare for the NET exam is by joining a coaching center. There are plenty of good coaching centers in India that would help you prepare for the NET exam better than what you can do at home by yourself.

NET Eligibility

Just like every other entrance exam in India, UGC-NET also has some certain requirement in order to appear in it.

1. Each candidate should be Indian Citizen.

2. A post graduate degree is must to appear in NET. You can obtain post graduate degree in any stream as long as it is from a recognised university.

3. You must secure at least 55 percent marks in the post graduate course,

4. There is 5 percent relaxation for candidates belonging to reserve category.

5. Your NET exam subject should be the same as the post graduation subject.

6. Final year students of post graduate course can also appear in the NET exam but under one condition that they would provide the PG degree with required percentage within 2 years of appearing in NET exam.

7. The age limit for Junior Research Fellowship is set at 28 years.

8. There is no age limit for candidates applying for the lecturer job.

If you are only interested in getting job within your state. You can alternatively appear for the SET exam which is similar to the NET. However clearing SET would only make you eligible for lecturer job in the state where you passed the entrance exam. You can neither apply in any other state nor for central government colleges.

Similarly NET exam would only give you lecturer job in central government colleges. You won't be able to apply in the state government colleges with National Eligibility Test.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf NET Chemistry Syllabus.pdf(18.1 KB, 432 views)
1st August 2012, 09:46 AM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the syllabus for NET CSIR Chemistry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruchi chaudhery View Post
Syllabus for NET CSIR Chemistry for this year?

Hi Team,

I needed the syllabus for NET CSIR chemistry for the year 2012.

Will you be kind enough to provide me the suitable location
so that my question gets addressed.

Regards
ruchi

UGC conducts NET exam or National Eligibility Test (NET) to determine eligibility for lectureship and for award of Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) for Indian nationals in order to ensure minimum standards for the entrants in the teaching profession and research.

Conditions of Eligibility:

~If you have secured minimum 55% of marks in master's degree or its equivalent from a recognized university then you are eligible to give this exam.

~The reserved categories (SC/ST/PH/OBC) have to secure 50% of marks without rounding off to sit for this test.

~Even final year students are also eligible to give this exam. If selected then you will be given provisional admission. On getting 55% marks or above the rest of the formalities will then be completed.

~If you have completed your PhD degree then you will be given a 5% relaxation. Which means you will be eligible to give the exam if you have 50% at post graduation level.

~The upper age limit for junior research fellowship is 5 years. A relaxation of upto 5 years is there for the reserved categories.

~Students with research experience can also ask for age relaxation. On providing authentic certificates chances are there that they can get age relaxation to a maximum of 5 years.

~LLM graduates also gets a three years age relaxation.

~There is however no upper age limit for applying for the lectureship post.

~It is always advisable to appear in the subject of your post graduation only. If your subject is not covered in the list then you can opt for a related subject.

Exam Pattern:
~The last UGC NET exam which was held in june this year was an objective test basically.

~The test consisted of three papers and all the three papers had objective type questions only.

~The first paper had 60 questions out of which 50 were to be attempted. The second paper had 50 compulsory questions and the third paper had 75 compulsory questions.

~The syllabus for Paper I, Paper II and Paper III still remains the same and there is no negative marking scheme as such.

Here i have attached the file you are looking for. It contains the full detailed syllabus. Please take a look.

Official Website: http://www.ugcnetonline.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?