17th August 2011, 09:40 PM
Unregistered

Am i eligible to appear for CSIR NET exam after finishing MSc Chemistry in correspondence mode?

i am finished m.Sc chemistry in correspondence mode,am i eligible for appearing csir\net exam?

M.S.sasitharan,mevani-post,gopi-tk,erode-dt,638313

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible for CSIR NET exam after finishing MSc Chemistry course through correspondence?
  2. Am I eligible for CSIR NET exam after finishing UG distance mode and PG from regular mode
  3. How can I prepare to qualify in CSIR-NET(Chemistry)? Suitable books for preparation?
  4. Eligibility to appear in CSIR-NET if had a backlog and secured 69% in M.Sc(Chemistry)?
  5. Am I eligible for UGC NET after completing MSc Chemistry through correspondence?
  6. Am I eligible to write CSIR NET Exam having completed M.Sc in Zoology in Distance Learning?
  7. Time relaxation after CSIR exam? Reappearing in exam for improvement?
  8. Am I eligible to appear for CSIR/JRF NET exam for Life Sciences after doing MSc?
  9. Is Btech equivalent to msc? can i write csir net exam with btech -- [Most Discussed]
  10. Eligibility for UGC CSIR exam after M.Sc(chemistry)?
  11. Can I study PhD in Chemistry/Medicinal Chemistry/Organic Chemistry being a M.Pharmacy student? -- [New]
  12. Am I eligible to do Ph.D if I have completed M.Sc Organic Chemistry long back?
  13. Eligibility to apply in CSIR-NET(Biological Sciences) for M.Sc(Sericulture) student? Whether CSIR-NET is equivalent to ICAR-NET?
  14. Entrance exam to pursue PhD in Pharmacy after M.Sc in Pharmaceutical Chemistry?
  15. Entrance exam for doing PHD in Pharmacy after M.Sc Pharmaceutical Chemistry?
  16. Entrance exam for doing PhD in Pharmacy after M.Sc in Pharmaceutical Chemistry?
  17. For which courses am I eligible after finishing graduation in BSc Biotechnology? Am I eligible for MSc Food Technology or MSc Chemistry
  18. Am I eligible to appear in CSIR/UGC NET if studying M.Sc in Geoinformatics?
3rd April 2012, 07:26 AM
mohitsahu2512

Default Re: Am i eligible to appear for CSIR NET exam after finishing MSc Chemistry in correspondence mode?

heyy....

###N E T Schedule

UGC conducts NET twice a year, i.e., in the months of June and December.

The notifications announcing the June and December examinations are published in the months of March and September respectively .

###ELIGIBILITY criteria :

##Education Qualification

M.Sc. or Equivalent degree under the subjects as discussed above, with minimum
55% marks for General & OBC candidates;
50% for SC/ST candidates, Physically and Visually Handicapped candidates and
Ph.D. degree holders who had passed Master's degree prior to 19th September 1991.

##Age limit and relaxation

For JRF (NET):
Minimum 19 Years and maximum 28 years as on 01-07-2012

(upper age limit may be relaxed up to 5 years as in case of candidates if you belongs to SC/ST/OBC(Non Creamy Layer), Physically handicapped/Visually handicapped and female applicants).

For LS (NET): Minimum 19 years, as on 01.07.2012. No upper age limit.

rest...

gOOd lUcK
6th April 2012, 06:55 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Am i eligible to appear for CSIR NET exam after finishing MSc Chemistry in correspondence mode?

i want csir study materials where should be available?
8th August 2012, 09:23 PM
Unregistered

i am learn in msc. chemistry in 3rd semistes . can i allow to get net exam.
19th October 2012, 08:37 PM
Unregistered

hai sir,
i have done my pg in chemistry through correspondence from madurai kamaraj university. can i know am i eligible to write net exam. in which net exam can i write either ugcnet or csir net? if i can write ugcnet means in which subject can i write net exam. is it possible to get government posting in college or university after completed net exam with 50 percentage marks
20th October 2012, 09:58 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

You see correspondence or regular degree is not the issue here. You must have post graduation degree with required percentage. That is the real issue. The University Grants Comission which conducts the exam has never said that correspondence degree holders can not apply for the exam.

You have nothing to worry about. If you have scored 55 percent marks in the post graduation course then you are easily apply for the NET exam. It is as simple as that.

Now when this doubt has been cleared. Its up to you to decide whether you would like to appear for the exam in December 2012 or June 2013. Unless you have been preparing for a while, I will say June 2013. You see there are less than 2 months left for the exam. It means that you will have to put a extra effort to prepare for the exam.

If you think you will be able to do that, then visit the official website of University Grants Commission and apply for the exam after reading the procedure very carefully. But before you do so, please check the criteria mentioned below.

Eligibility

Qualification:

1. Post graduation degree in any stream from a college recognized by University Grants Commission.

2. You need 55 percent marks in master degree course.

3. SC/ST need 50 percent marks in PG.

4. Those in final year can also apply for NET.

Age Limit

For JRF:

General - 28 years

OBC - 31 years

SC/ST - 33 years

For Lectureship

There is no upper age limit.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?