4th January 2013, 04:45 PM
meenamsc92121

What type of jobs are there in Zoology?

what type of jop in zoology...could u please provide to me the details for the same

19th July 2013, 12:06 PM
nim@1990

Default Re: What type of jobs are there in Zoology?

Dear,

Zoologists study the habitats and characteristics of animals and wildlife.

for more details of What type of jobs are there in Zoology find attached sheet.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Zoologist Job Description.pdf(117.9 KB, 67 views)
19th July 2013, 05:10 PM
bmaheshrgukt

Default Re: What type of jobs are there in Zoology?

you can join as a lecturer in the institutes.
you can work in the research labs.
many government posts will be there
19th July 2013, 07:59 PM
purnimashukla

Location: h.no. 1004, dwarkanagar lalmati kanchghar, east ghamapur,, jabalpur, mp(india)
Thumbs up Re: What type of jobs are there in Zoology?

In all honesty the range of jobs is MASSIVE and I could spend several pages giving you different jobs.

By the sounds of it you are perhaps still in grade school and are looking ahead to college. (i hope i guessed that right)

Having gone down the same path as you, if you really want to deal with an animal based job this is the best advice I can give to find the job that is right for you.

Starting now, do NOT wait until college, get an animal based jobs. There are many zoos/aquariums that hire seasonal help, even if it is selling tickets or working at a food stand, take the job. Zoos are the type of place that love to hire from within and though you might not work with animals to start your foot in the door is key and will give you the change to see the full workings of the zoo as well as the wide range of animal jobs they have... not just keepers. If deep down you think a zoo/aquarium is not the right place for you look into local wildlife rescue centers (they always hurt for help), vet clinics, shelters, pet stores (non-puppy mill) and so on and so forth. Just like the zoo, it might not be the exact job that you want but it will start you down the right path to show you the wide range of jobs that are out there.

As you get older and move into college more jobs will open for you. At that point you might be able to work into an animal position at a zoo, a job with the USFWS or even a job within your college (many run research projects).

For the most part, starting now, get any job be it pay or volunteer that deals with animals. Experience is key in animal related jobs and it will also help you to see what you do and do not want.

From there you can start out with a zoology degree in college and tweek it as you go. For example if you are working your way for college and after a few jobs or talking to people discover that you really want to work with fish you can swicth to Aquatic Bio, or if you really want to work with insects switch to Entomology. You might lose a credit or two but most credits transfer between bio related degrees.

Overall when push comes to shove the jobs are endless. Work for the govt, work at a zoo, work at a clinic, teach at a school, work in the middle of the woods, work behind a desk... the list goes on and on.

Flip through aza.org (zoo jobs) as well as DNR (dept of natural resources) and the USFWS (us fish and wildlife). Chances are you wont be ready for those types of jobs but it will show you what is out there. They also publish intern positions on those sites as well.

Good luck
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?