11th January 2012, 10:14 AM
Unregistered

When to get application forms for IPS Exam? Tentative dates for this Exam? How to prepare for this Exam?

respected sir,
i am a B.Tech final year syudent. I want to appear in IPS exam 2012. Can u plz give me complete details regarding it, like date of application..... tentative month of exam........ how to prepare for this exam
and reference books....... and give full advice.

And what other exams I can apply for.................

I will be very kind of you if you can foreward a mail to [email protected]

13th January 2012, 05:07 AM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: When to get application forms for IPS Exam? Tentative dates for this Exam? How to prepare for this Exam?

The upcoming Civil Service Exam (Preliminary Stage), the entrance examination for recruitment of IPS officer, is going to be conducted on 20.05.2012.
The application form will be available from 04.02.2012.
Since you are in the final year, you can apply for the preliminary stage of the examination but make sure that you will qualify the final year examination by the time of applying for the Main Exam. You must hold a bachelors degree to be able to apply for the Main Exam.
The age limit to apply for the exam is 21-30 years, with relaxation of 3 years for OBC and 5 years for Sc/St category.

For complete detail regarding the pattern of the examination, syllabus, refer to the notification published for the Civil Service Exam-2011.
The same format and syllabus will be given in the notification to be published for the civil service exam 2012. Remember that you must refer to the old notification only for the syllabus of the exam and not for tentative dates.
The important dates for the civil service exam 2012 has already been provided above.

Now, other examinations for which you can apply are:
  • Engineering Service Exam
  • Combined Defense Service Exam
  • Central Police Force Exam

For more information, refer to the official website of UPSC.
20th January 2012, 01:39 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: When to get application forms for IPS Exam? Tentative dates for this Exam? How to prepare for this Exam?

IPS exam is conducted by UPSC. There are some criteria you have to follow for appearing in IPS exam.
This exam is conduct through Civil Service Exam .

Those candidate have completed graduation in any discipline from recognized university are eligible for IPS exam.

But your age should be in between 21-30years for general candidate.
In IPS exam their is provide age relaxation for OBC candidate is 3years and for SC/ST candidate is 5 years.

The maximum attempts for Sc/ST candidate is Unlimited. For OBC candidate it is 7 years and for general candidate it will be 5 years.
Also you must be citizen of India.

EXAM PATTERN FOR IPS EXAM

PHYSICAL CRITERIA FOR IPS EXAM

BEST BOOKS FOR IPS EXAM:-

EXAM DATE:-

Civil Services Preliminary Exam, 2012

Date of notification: 04-02-2012

Last Date for Receipt of Applications: 05-03-2012

Date of Exam: 20-05-2012

Civil Services Main Exam, 2012

Date of Commencement of Exam: 05-10-2012

For more details about IPS exam please visit to www.upsc.gov.in
12th April 2012, 09:52 PM
Unregistered

sir, in paper one it will have english langage are not........
9th May 2012, 11:06 AM
Unregistered

my sorathiya vipul h i am completed b.com so next date ips application form issue please give me to advise
4th June 2012, 10:50 PM
Unregistered

Where can i get a application form of IPS?
2nd July 2012, 03:28 PM
Unregistered

Hi i am eng.final year student.
I want to do preparations for IAS, IPS and administrative services i want full details about the exams date and forms.
14th April 2013, 01:46 PM
Unregistered

how can i become an ips after 12th taking medical stream
19th April 2013, 11:15 PM
Unregistered

hi i am shaziya siddique mai IPS 2013 KI DATE pta karna chati hu...this is my mail id [email protected]
20th April 2013, 12:00 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

hi,
It is nice that you want to join IPS exam after graduation degree. IPS exam is conducted to join IPS post.

your age should be between 21-30 years.

You must be Indian citizen.

You can apply IPS exam only using online mode.

to apply online;-www.upsconline.nic.in

This year last date is over.

You have to wait for next year notification.

Some preparation tips;-

-----Read news paper daily

----Watch Tv news daily

----Share new thing with others

----join any best coaching center

----Read weekly magazine for more GK.

----Speak English with others

----Always think positive

---follow best books

Never give up/apply these words in your Life/

Good luck....................
27th April 2013, 05:20 PM
Unregistered

can i apply in the pre final year of my college for ips exam
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?