19th July 2016, 07:37 PM
shimna marjan

Whether 55% is needed in each semester of B.Com to study IPCC course?

I am a B.Com graduate. My doubt is that, for doing IPCC course, an average of 55% is needed in B.Com, but whether this percentage is needed in each semester or for the course of B.Com? Please clear my doubt.

20th July 2016, 02:53 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Whether 55% is needed in each semester of B.Com to study IPCC course?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shimna marjan View Post
I am a B.Com graduate. My doubt is that, for doing IPCC course, an average of 55% is needed in B.Com, but whether this percentage is needed in each semester or for the course of B.Com? Please clear my doubt.
To write IPCC exam one have two options they are:
  • CPT route
  • Direct Entry Route

-In CPT route you have to complete 10+2 examination and have to appear for CPT exams. On clearing CPT you will be eligible for IPCC exams after registering for IPCC course.

-And under DES you must be a graduate with minimum percentage in their graduation. For commerce graduates its 55% and for others its 60%. On successfully satisfying the eligibility criteria you can then register for IPCC and appear for the IPCC exams.

So you are right. According to the new rule of Central Council you need to secure 55% of marks in aggregate if you have taken up B.Com at undergrad level.
20th July 2016, 07:01 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Whether 55% is needed in each semester of B.Com to study IPCC course?

IPCC stands for Integrated Professional Competence Course. This is the second stage of Chartered Accountancy course.

As per rules and regulations of Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, graduates and post graduates can apply for IPCC directly if they have aggregate of 55% marks in bachelor's degree in commerce or 60% or more in non commerce stream.

You need to score overall aggregate of 55% in Bachelor of Commerce. If you have less marks in any semester then there is no issue, you need to have minimum of 55% marks overall to apply for directly IPCC.
20th July 2016, 09:21 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

To be eligible to directly register for IPCC course without appearing in CPT examination, you should have secured minimum aggregate of 55% marks in your B.Com course combined of all semesters.

There is no need to have 55% aggregate marks in all semesters of B.Com course if you have overall 55% aggregate in your three years B.Com course then, you can directly register for second level of CA (IPCC) course.
21st July 2016, 01:04 AM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

IPCC means Integrated Professional Competence Course.

1. If you have scored 55% overall in Bachelor of Commerce then you can directly apply for IPCC examination. No, it is not mandatory to score 55% in each and every semester.

For aspirants of non commerce stream, minimum percentage of marks required to apply for direct IPCC is 60%.

Official website is : http://www.icai.org.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?