18th July 2017, 09:06 AM
Unregistered

Whether Mathematics is a necessary subject to study B.Sc Physical Science?

Sir, I have completed 12th with Physics, Chemistry and Biology and wanted to study B.Sc Physical Science. I want to know whether Mathematics is a necessary subject for this course?

30th July 2017, 08:26 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Whether Mathematics is a necessary subject to study B.Sc Physical Science?

Yes definitely Mathematics is a compulsory subject for pursuing B.Sc Physical Science degree course as for pursuing the same degree course one is required to have completed his class 12th with Science stream i.e; PCM group with at least 45% marks from a recognized board of education.

So having completed your Class 12th with PCB instead of PCM group you are not eligible to pursue B.Sc Physical Science course.
31st July 2017, 09:08 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Whether Mathematics is a necessary subject to study B.Sc Physical Science?

The eligibility criteria to pursue Bachelor of Science in Physical Science:

>>Candidate must have studied Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics at 10+2 to pursue Bachelor of Science in Physical Science.

Mathematics is compulsory subject to pursue this course.

Top Colleges offering this course under Delhi University:

Atma Ram Sanathan Dharma College.

Rajdhani College.

Shivaji College.

Sri Aurobindo College.
31st July 2017, 09:33 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

The minimum educational qualification required for pursuing B.Sc Physical Science degree course is a higher secondary school degree with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry as main subjects and with at least 45% marks from a recognized board of education.

So having completed your Class 12th with PCB group you are not eligible for B.Sc Physical Science course as for the same you are needed to be a PCM group student.
2nd August 2017, 06:29 PM
yogeshsharma3047
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, I have completed 12th with Physics, Chemistry and Biology and wanted to study B.Sc Physical Science. I want to know whether Mathematics is a necessary subject for this course?
Candidate it is not compulsory having mathematics in 12th to apply for Bachelors in Physical Science as you have completed your 12th with Physics,Chemistry,Biology then you can go for B.SC Physical Science.

>> B.SC Physical Science is a three year graduation course for which candidate having 12th in science stream can apply.

>> Minimum %age required to apply is 55%.

Best Reputed Colleges in India which provides B.SC in Physical Science:-

1). Hindu University.(Delhi).

2). Hansraj College.(Delhi).

3). Katwa College.(Bardhaman(West Bangal)).

4). Madras Christine College.(Chennai(Tamil Nadu)).

5). Acharya Narender Dev College.(New Delhi(Delhi)).

Carrier option after B.SC Physical Science Course:-

:- Physicist.

:- Geo Scientist.

:- Environmental Scientist.

:- Physician.

:- Astronaut.

:- Material Scientist.

Good luck.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?