25th June 2017, 05:56 PM
Unregistered

Which subject to opt between computer science and math with commerce?

I am confused whether to take computer science or math with commerce. I am not interested in taking math as my math is really weak. I don’t want to take any risk in 11th and 12th. So, I took computer science with commerce. Now the main problems, I want to do software engineering and want to get a job in Google. So, would I be able to pursue what i am thinking if I'll take tuitions for math but not study it as a main subject?

25th June 2017, 08:08 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which subject to opt between computer science and math with commerce?

First of all the minimum qualification required to become an engineer is 12 standard with physics, chemistry and mathematics from a recognised board with minimum 60% marks. Being commerce student you are not eligible to apply for software engineering after 12th.
So you are not eligible for software engineering course.
26th June 2017, 02:53 AM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Which subject to opt between computer science and math with commerce?

Sorry to inform you that you can't become a software engineer by studying commerce through commerce stream.
In order to become a software engineer, a candidate must have to opt for Computer Science engineering or Information Technology engineering.And to pursue engineering course in any stream, a candidate should have to study mathematics.
So, to become a software engineer, you must choose science stream with mathematics in your 11th and 12th standard.
26th June 2017, 01:56 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am confused whether to take computer science or math with commerce. I am not interested in taking math as my math is really weak. I don’t want to take any risk in 11th and 12th. So, I took computer science with commerce. Now the main problems, I want to do software engineering and want to get a job in Google. So, would I be able to pursue what i am thinking if I'll take tuitions for math but not study it as a main subject?

It is better to choose a mathematics subject along with commerce to study in 10+2. Those students who are not good in mathematics can choose computer science subject with commerce. Marks scored in Commerce, Accountancy, Economics and Mathematics/Computer Science, are considered for taking admission for further studies. The first choice should be mathematics positively. Mathematics subject is useful, if students want to pursue MCA in the future also. Therefore, choosing mathematics is the best option for studying commerce group.
27th June 2017, 02:14 AM
ranu shahi

If you want to pursue software engineering in future then you have to take mathematics not computer science. And your mathematics is weak then you have take tution along with your regular practice to get good marks in mathematics. You have to do very hard labour for cracking mathematics.
29th June 2017, 11:06 PM
Vaishali@1998

To become software engineer you should have maths, physics and chemistry s main subjects in 12. And in 12 you should score 50% in PCM from a recognized board. You don't have maths in 12, so you cannot apply for engineering.
3rd July 2017, 08:34 PM
Solo13
Senior Member+

If you want to become a software engineer you have to take physics, chemistry and maths in class 11th as a subjects. You have to take admission in b.tech. You need to give entrance exams for taking admission in b.tech like JEE, UPSEE, etc. A student should have minimum 60% in in PCM in class 12th.

If you do not like maths than simply opt computer science after that you have to take admission in BCA(bachelor of computer application). By completing BCA you can get technical knowledge related to computers. You do not like maths so, its better to avoid it. Otherwise, it will effect your result also.

After passing 12th you can do some computer courses also. Try to learn 1 or 2 software language. You should also have some knowledge about database.
5th August 2022, 09:04 PM
Unregistered

Combination of computer science and biology
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?