23rd July 2015, 04:28 PM
Unregistered

Whether once can appear in NET if failed in a PG paper but passed in the next year?

I want to know that eligibility for NET in the case that - Can you appear for NET if you have failed in a PG paper but passed it in the next year?

23rd July 2015, 06:34 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Whether once can appear in NET if failed in a PG paper but passed in the next year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I want to know that eligibility for NET in the case that - Can you appear for NET if you have failed in a PG paper but passed it in the next year?
If you have completed PG course then you are eligible UGC NET exam but you should qualify in below given criteria.

NET stands for National Eligibility Test. This exam is conducted by UGC.

The educational qualification required for NET exam is masters degree from a recognized university with above 55% marks. 5% relaxation is given for SC/ST category candidates. Final year student are also eligible for NET exam.

There is no age criteria for NET exam but for JRF posts, your age should be below 28 years.

Marks distribution for each papers of NET Exam:-

Section 1 - 100 marks(60 questions are there)
Section 2 - 100 marks(50 questions are there)
Section 3 - 150 marks(75 questions are there)

For more details about NET exam click on the official link http://www.ugc.ac.in
23rd July 2015, 07:44 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Whether once can appear in NET if failed in a PG paper but passed in the next year?

NET stands for the National Eligibility Test. This entrance test is conducted by the University Grants Commission twice every year in the month of June and December respectively.

This entrance test is conducted for two purposes:

1. Junior Research Fellowship.

2. Lectureship.

Eligibility criteria for the NET exam:

>>Candidate must have done master's degree in any discipline from a recognized university. Final year candidates of master's degree can also apply for the exam.

Minimum percentage of marks in master's degree is 55% for general and obc candidates and 50% for SC/ST candidates.

So, if you have cleared the master's degree and all subjects under it with 55%, you can apply for the exam. There is no issue if you have passed in next year.

The upper age limit for JRF is 28 years and there is no upper age limit for lectureship.

For any more details about NET exam, you can visit www.ugc.ac.in.
23rd July 2015, 08:21 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

NET stands for the National Eligibility Test and the examination is conducted by the UGC ( University Grant Commission ) and the examination is conducted for the joining in the different university and college as an assistant professor.

So you need to first complete your PG and if you have passed you are eligible to appear in the the NET exam. The minimum aggregate required in the PG is 55% so if you scored then you can apply.
23rd July 2015, 08:30 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

NET is the National Eligibility Test. Yes, you can appear for this exam if you have cleared the subject in next year in which you have failed last year.

Candidate who wish to appear for the NET exam conducted by University Grants Commission in the month of June and December every year must score at least 55%in master's degree.

So if you have cleared master's degree with 55%, you can apply for the NET exam.
23rd July 2015, 09:24 PM
kkghorla
Senior Member+

Yes, you can apply for national eligibility test as to apply for this test the required qualification is master degree but the appearing candidates are also eligible to apply for the exam.

>> A new Comer can apply either they are in the first year of the post graduation.
24th July 2015, 12:10 PM
Unregistered

Yes!
You can definitely appear for NET if you've passed your exam on second try. You just have to meet the minimum percentage requirement which is around 60% in PG programme.
You can refer to www.getmyuni.com and make up your mind through student reviews.
I hope this helps.
Goodluck!!
16th November 2015, 07:47 PM
Unregistered

I m in master degree previous year and i have qualified net exam in my 1st semester. so i will eligible or not to teach in universities after the submission of master degree?
13th April 2023, 01:42 AM
Unregistered

Failed for a paper in one semester and waiting for result. Passed all other papers of PG. Can I appear for CSIR NET exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?