4th December 2017, 05:09 PM

Whether a student from one state is eligible for other state government jobs?

May I know students from one state are eligible for other states Government jobs. Do they eligible to apply or not? or it's restricted only for the local students? Can you please provide me with the right information on the same? Thank you!

5th December 2017, 02:12 PM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Whether a student from one state is eligible for other state government jobs?

A student from one state is eligible to apply for government job in other state. Whenever there is any advertisement published by the recruiting body/organisation, eligibility details are clearly mentioned in it.
Generally, there is no such residence restriction in government jobs however, some state government organisations give preference to native state candidates over other state candidates. In that case, you have to produce the residence certificate for availing the preference of native state.

All center government organisation doesn't have any reservation for a particular state.
5th December 2017, 02:44 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Whether a student from one state is eligible for other state government jobs?

Yes, you can appear in entrance examination of other state government jobs but in most of the state government jobs entrance examination there is reservation of seats for candidates having domicile of the respective state.

So, if you have better preparation regarding examination you can appear in examination.

In some of the state entrance examination there are also question asked from regional language.

But, in some examination only candidates of the particular state are eligible. So, to get correct information about the eligibility for examination you want to appear in go through notification of examination.
5th December 2017, 04:17 PM
amish25
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
May I know students from one state are eligible for other states Government jobs. Do they eligible to apply or not? or it's restricted only for the local students? Can you please provide me with the right information on the same? Thank you!
For which exam you want to know?
Generally the State government exams are conducted for the local candidates for that state. Candidates of that states are eligible for the state level government exams.
however some exams fix some quota for the other state candidates or allow them for some fixed percent seats.
You can apply for the bank exams, SSC, UPSC, defense, teaching, Railway and other exams which conducted country wise and you can apply for any state.
5th December 2017, 06:17 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible for state government jobs as you have completed your graduation from a recognised University. So there will be no problem in applying for state government jobs.
5th December 2017, 06:40 PM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

In normal cases students from one state are generally eligible for the other state Government Jobs, Unless it is stated.

In some instances the Reservation system is not applied on the Students from another state applying for the State Govt. Jobs. As for Example BPSC has announced that candidate from another state ie. out of Bihar candidate will not get reservation but can apply for the Job under normal quota.

However sometimes special vacancies where candidates of another states are not allowed to apply.

So , Be careful while filling an application for the State government Jobs
5th December 2017, 08:13 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

There is no problem in joining a state government job. If you pursue your degree from other state because the eligibility requirement for a state government job is only getting a degree from a recognised institution from any state. So you no need to worry about that.
5th December 2017, 08:27 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Yes definitely you can apply for the job in another state also. In private sector you won't have any criteria to get job there but yes you have to go through the personal interview. And if you want to get government job in another state then you have to qualify the exam.
You must have minimum eligibility criteria which is required to appear in the examination. And if you able to qualify the exam then you will definitely have the eligibility of to apply for the post.
5th December 2017, 08:41 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Students of one state are eligible to apply for other state government service examination. In notification where it is mentioned that only students of a particular state can apply for exam, in those examinations, you can not apply.

You may not be able to avail reservation benefits if you are not recognized under OBC list or SC/ST list of other state.
5th December 2017, 09:38 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

No, the candidate from one state is not eligible to apply for other state government jobs. Only the candidates who belong to the respective state where job notification is released are eligible to apply for the state government jobs. So, you are eligible to apply only for your state government jobs and not for other state government jobs.
17th July 2019, 08:35 PM
Unregistered

What is the quota for other state candidates in uttrakhand government examination
19th July 2019, 04:52 PM
Unregistered

Whether a student from one state is eligible for other state government jobs like police department?
26th July 2019, 11:54 AM
Unregistered

I AM FROM RAJSTHAN BUT I WANT TO APPLY U.P FOREST DEPARMENT LATEST VACANCY 2019 CAN I APPLY OR NOT
30th July 2019, 04:12 PM
Sakul Hameed

Smile SSC JHT Recruitment 2019 – Various Vacancies for Apply Online

SSC JHT Recruitment 2019

Name of the Post:*SSC*JHT, Jr Translator & Other Online Form 2019

Post Date: 29-07-2019

Total Vacancy:*To be Announced

Total Number Of Post: Update Soon

Short Information: SSC JHT Recruitment 2019 has given a notification for the recruitment of Junior Hindi Translator, Junior Translator, Senior Hindi Translator and Hindi Pradhyapak Exam 2019. Those candidates UN agency have an interest within the vacancy details & completed all eligibility criteria can scan the Notification & Apply online.

Starting Date to Apply Online:*01-08-2019

Education Qualification: Master degree

Age Limit: Not exceeding 30 years

Application FEE

General / OBC -Rs.100/-
ST/SC/Female/PWD- No Fee
Important Links

Apply Online:*Available on 01-08-2019

Short Notice: Click Here

Official Website: Click Here

Go To Website
3rd December 2019, 08:56 AM
Unregistered

I have completed 10th class in karnataka. Now after studies I want to continue in Andhra.so am I eligible for government jobs in andhra later?
17th December 2020, 02:48 AM
Unregistered

I'm from mp tell me what % quota for other state candidates in up govt jobs
22nd April 2022, 07:27 PM
Unregistered

My brother is studying tenth standard in Andhra Pradesh and from 11th onwards if he studies in Telangana is there any problem with that about state govt jobs
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?