1st January 2012, 07:19 PM
ritesh.s919

While in 11th standard can I give the NDA exam?

i am studying in 11th, can i give nda exam..please tell me if i can do it

2nd January 2012, 07:21 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: While in 11th standard can I give the NDA exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritesh.s919 View Post
No, You are Not eligible to apply for NDA Examination because to apply for this examination, you have to complete your 12Th (Intermediate Examination) From a recognised University. Final year 12Th appearing candidates are also Eligible to apply for NDA (I) 2012 Examination.

But If you are Pursuing your 11Th examination, then you are Not eligible to apply for NDA(I) 2012 Examination.

So please complete your 12Th examination and then you are eligible for National Defence Academy Examination.

The examination is Conducted by UPSC, Twice in a Year for the Recruitment of these 3 wings :

>> Army Wings
>> Naval Wings
>> Air Force Wings

If you have study Maths and Physics subjects in your 12Th examination then you are eligible to apply for all the wings of NDA.

Those who have not study Maths and Physics as a subjects in Intermediate examination are only eligible for Army wings.

Only Unmarried Male candidates between the age of 16.5 to 19 Years are eligible.

So please complete your 12Th examination and then you are eligible to apply for NDA Examination and for more Information check official website:

http://upsc.gov.in
2nd January 2012, 07:37 PM
priyo06
Senior Member+++

Quote:
dear friend,

As you are in 11th standard you are not eligible. After passing 12th standard i.e. when you will be 18 years old then you will be eligible.

You can also apply for NDA. There generally two examination are held for NDA, one is NDA-1 and another is NDA-2.You can also attempt both this two exam.

For more details i.e. if you can apply and want to download previous year papers then you can visit the following websites :

http://indiannavy.nic.in
and
http://www.upsc.gov.in

good luck.
2nd January 2012, 07:42 PM
anlakshmi

No,you are not eligible to apply for NDA Examination.But you are pursuing your 11th class.The final year of 12th class candidates are also apply for this NDA Examination.

NDA stands for National Defence Agency.

NDA Examination is conducted by UPSC twice in a year.

After qualifying NDA Examination you can join Defence Services like :

->Indian Army
->Indian Air Force
->Indian Navy

The Eligibility Criteria for NDA Examination :
----------------------------------------------

The candidate must have to passed 12th class from a recognised university.

And the final year of 12th class students also to apply for this NDA Examination.

The age limit in between 16.5 to 19 years.

The candiate must be single and medically fit.

If you are complete your 12th class and then apply for this NDA Examination.

All the best!
2nd January 2012, 08:15 PM
balathegreat
Senior Member+

No friend, NDA exams are not available after 11th std.

NDA is an exam named as National Defense Academy exam conducted by Union Public Service Commission. This exam is for selecting best people for taking part in Indian Defense Services. i.e. Indian Army, Navy or Air force. To be eligible to appear in this exam you must have finished your 12th std in a recognized school. Your age must also be above 16 1/2 and below 19years. More over, if you want to join in Air force or Navy you must have taken science as your stream in 11thstd.

Thus you must wait at least one year to appear in this exam and join in Defense services.
2nd January 2012, 08:33 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

In 11th standard you will not be eligible to appear for NDA as the minimum educational qualification is 12th standard pass.

NDA- NATIONAL DEFENCE ACADEMY conducted by UPSC twice every year as NDA-I and NDA-II for entry in to three wings of NDA i.e. Indian Army, Navy and Air Force.

One Indian unmarried male should complete 12th standard with or without science subject from any recognised Central/State Board within the age group of 16.5 years to 19 years is eligible to appear for NDA.

So first you should complete your 12th standard or you can appear for NDA while appearing 12th exam in order to appear for NDA. For further information you may log on to official web site of UPSC i.e. www.upsc.gov.in
2nd January 2012, 10:22 PM
Jayraj.h

Im standard 12th studant. I can give IPS exam of police officer?
22nd April 2012, 09:12 PM
Eshwarvenkatesh

Hello,
NDA exam is the entrance exam for the defence academy. It is conducted by UPSC every year for the admissions into three wings:
1)Army
2)Navy
3)Air-force
you can choose any wing of the three as you like. The educational qualification for NDA is 12th standard. The age limit is 18-21 years. So you are not eligible as you have passed 11th standard.
23rd April 2012, 10:36 PM
Eshwarvenkatesh

Hello,
You are not eligible for NDA because you are in 11th standard. The educational qualification for NDA is 10+2. The age limit is 18-21 years.
23rd April 2012, 11:37 PM
sharmayogesh3047

Thumbs up Re: While in 11th standard can I give the NDA exam?

Quote:
DEAR CANDIDATE,

NO,You are not able to apply for the NDA (National Defense Academy) at this time because for NDA minimum qualification required is 12th and you are studying in 11th class so you can not able to join the NDA exam.the NDA exam is carried out by UPSC twice a year and candidate recruited at different branches in the army.like as follows:-

1) Indian air force.
2) Indian navy.
3) Indian army.

there are some other eligibilities necessary for this exam they are as follows:-

--The candidate has done his qualification from arecognized board.
-- the applying candidate should be unmarried.
-- the candidate age must be in between 16.5 to 19 years.
-- the candidate who want to join air force and navy should have studied PCM subjects in 12th.

FOR MORE DETAILS PLEASE VISIT THE UPSC WEBSITE WWW.UPSC.GOV.IN

GOOD LUCK,
24th April 2012, 03:46 PM
Zoya Nasrin

Arrow Re: While in 11th standard can I give the NDA exam?

Quote:
"You are not eligible to give NDA exam while you are studying in 11th standard. In order to give NDA exam, you must pass 12th class"

Eligibility Criteria for NDA are as follows:-

1. The candidate must have passed 12th class or equivalent exam conducted by State Board/Universities. Candidates who are appearing 12th examination are also eligible.

2. Unmarried male candidates only.

3. Age between 16 1/2 to 19 years.

4. Nationality - A candidate must be either:

- A citizen of India, or
- A subject of Bhutan, or
- A subject of Nepal, or
- A Tibetian refugee who came over to India before 1st January, 1962, eith the intention of permanently settling in India, or
- A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, the East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, United Republic of Tanzania(formerly Tanganyika and Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia and Vietnam, with the intntion of permanently settling in India)
25th April 2012, 10:34 AM
Krish1111

hi,

if you completed 12Th examination and then you are eligible for National Defence Academy Examination, The examination is Conducted by UPSC, Twice in a Year for the Recruitment of these three wings Army ,Naval and Air Force Wings but must be study with Maths and Physics subjects in your 12Th examination then you are eligible to apply for all the wings of NDA,who have not study Maths and Physics as a subjects in 12th class examination not eligible for Army,naval,airforce wings.
Male candidates between the age of 16.5 to 20 Years age relaxation to obc/sc/st candidates if you completed 12Th examination and then you are eligible to apply for NDA Examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?