25th August 2011, 08:56 PM
atchayaa

Why does IT field expect the percentages of 10th, 12th and UG?

we student want to know why the IT field is expecting the percentages of all the 10th 12th and ug marks?
Me doing MCA final year and in our class many are non eligible because of this condition and im sure that those people are very good programmers why this condition and because of this we cannot be placed in campus better they can recruit based on their present knowledge?
Why this happens?

Related Questions:
  1. Career opportunities after B.Tech if there are less chances of campus placements?
  2. What is the eligibility criteria for PSU's?
  3. What should I do to get job as Software Developer having scored 81.6 in 10th, 91.8 in 12th and 76.7 in BE ?
  4. Whether percentages of 10th and 12th matters to apply for MAT? -- [New]
  5. List of companies I can apply for with 55% in 10th, 59% in 12th and 62% marks in graduation?
  6. Can I expect to get admission in NIT if I scored 80 in JEE Mains and will get around 85-9-% in 12th?
  7. Can I get a job in diploma course after 10th in computer field? What are the opportunities?
  8. How much percentage should I expect after scoring 87% in 10th and 72% in 12th exam
  9. Is Vocational Course equivalent to 12th? Which is a better field after 12th? Which is the easy course after 10th?
  10. Which college can I expect after scoring 70% in B.Tech
  11. Marks in MCA is above 60% but not in 10th, 12th and Graduation, can I get jobs in software companies? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. How to get job in MNCs without having enough percentages in 10th and 12th?
  13. How to get a job in ISRO? I have completed IT engineering with 53.17
  14. Am I eligible to study B.Tech if secured 67.42% in 10th WBBSE and 64.4% in 12th WBCHSE Board exams? Can I get job with these percentages?
  15. Which field should I choose for 11th and 12th after passing 10th to become a new anchor?
  16. How much salary can I expect after passing 10th in Shipping?
  17. How much salary can we earn if we do MSc Biotechnology from JNU and then go for further studies?
  18. What companies can I expect having scored 76% in 10th standard, 74% in Intermediate and 59% in Graduation?
31st August 2011, 09:04 AM
melwynjensen
Senior Member+++++

Thumbs up Re: Why does IT field expect the percentages of 10th, 12th and UG?

Quote:
Originally Posted by atchayaa View Post
we student want to know why the IT field is expecting the percentages of all the 10th 12th and ug marks?
Me doing MCA final year and in our class many are non eligible because of this condition and im sure that those people are very good programmers why this condition and because of this we cannot be placed in campus better they can recruit based on their present knowledge?
Why this happens?

REASON BEHIND CAMPUS RECRUITMENT FOR GOOD % IN 10Th 12Th AND UG/PG

Yes, it is really hard to take up when the company asks for 60 % above in 10th, 12th and UG/PG for campus recruitment.. but if we think about it the companies coming for campus placements have no other choice because they come with the expectation of taking 50 - 100 students maximum in 1 day where the college as about 1000+ students... so to decrease the number of students for selection they post a common criteria saying that the student must have 60 % above in 10th,12th and UG/PG...

-> I accept there are really good programmers even with less % which is in your case too... but the best way to carry out this problem is to try getting some jobs in small companies first rather trying for TCS, Wipro, Accenture etc.. and perform well in the small companies...

-> Once you have earned some good name in the small firm which you worked then you can go for any company you want with the experience but not with the marks scored in 10th, 12th and UG/PG...

-> The % criteria in studies is seen only in campus recruitment i.e for freshers and not for experienced people... so its better to get a job in a small company where they won't see the % of studies even if you are a fresher but they will see only your programming skills...

At the end of day it is really hard to take this up i accept that, but the only thing which we can do is to think "what can be done to overcome this situation".. So take some time to think over it as you have did now by posting the question in our forum and take the next step am sure you will have a great future ahead...

All the Best..
31st August 2011, 09:30 AM
rana2011
Banned

Default Re: Why does IT field expect the percentages of 10th, 12th and UG?

Tt is really hard to take up when the company asks for 60 % above in 10th, 12th and UG/PG for campus recruitment.. but if we think about it the companies coming for campus placements have no other choice because they come with the expectation of taking 50 - 100 students maximum in 1 day where the college as about 1000+ students... so to decrease the number of students for selection they post a common criteria saying that the student must have 60 % above in 10th,12th and UG/PG...

Thanks!!
31st August 2011, 09:46 AM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello dear

IT field expect the percentages of 10th, 12th and UG as because there have many reasons

firstly IT industry hire those people those have consistency good academic career.

people those are able to handle the critical sitution.

people are able to work under pressure.

so good academic career candidate can manage above all.

all the best.........
31st August 2011, 12:17 PM
mannu padda

dear
during interview or your selection in any study the person which attending the interview does not know about you so thats why the percentage is important
12th September 2011, 01:25 AM
Unregistered

i have btech below 60% please show me companies
13th November 2011, 11:53 PM
Unregistered

i think it is not rite for mark criteria to attend an interview in any company . the recruiting people have to think that there are a lot of students who are very strong knowledge in languages for software jobs but they have no career so give them chance to show their talent in interview then some good students can use their knowledge.

thank u ankan
31st May 2012, 11:24 PM
chillarboy
Member+

there are really good programmers even with less % which is in your case too... but the best way to carry out this problem is to try getting some jobs in small companies first rather trying for TCS, Wipro, Accenture etc.. and perform well in the small companies...

-> Once you have earned some good name in the small firm which you worked then you can go for any company you want with the experience but not with the marks scored in 10th, 12th and UG/PG...

-> The % criteria in studies is seen only in campus recruitment i.e for freshers and not for experienced people... so its better to get a job in a small company where they won't see the % of studies even if you are a fresher but they will see only your programming skills
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?