21st June 2010, 12:23 PM
Unregistered

Why students after finishing 12th don't choose Pure Sciences over Engineering?

why most of students after finishing his/her XII std not choosing(very less) B.Sc physics/Chemistry/maths/biology(pure science). most of the students going to B.E.

15th May 2011, 10:13 AM
BALWINDER SINGH

Default Re: Why students after finishing 12th don't choose Pure Sciences over Engineering?

dear friend.......
in BE there is so many chances for the good placements in the companies etc.
but b.sc. has less placements........

most students choose according to their choice.....
15th May 2011, 03:58 PM
outiam barai

Default Re: Why students after finishing 12th don't choose Pure Sciences over Engineering?

hello,
its true.the glamour of engg.line fancy the students and thier parents. only 4 year course and after that good jobs opportunities drive them from pure science.
but its also true that the pure science can also provied this kind of opportunities. one could apply for m-tech after completing his/her Msc.
so the opportunities are same and the rest depends on the interest of the student...
15th May 2011, 09:44 PM
Gita Irudhayaraj
Senior Member+

Smile Re: Why students after finishing 12th don't choose Pure Sciences over Engineering?

hi friend, it is every year there will liking of in any subjects. Once it will be medical ,then it is engineering like that it goes on. An also it depends on the people who says like this. So , it will be always changing on. Now, the past three to four years it is Computer science is blooming.
16th May 2011, 01:01 AM
surendergora
Senior Member++++

Your question is reasonable.
Most of the students now a days are pursuing professional courses rather than pure science.
Although job oppurtunities are endless in both streams, but pure science requires much more devotion, hard work & time.
Subjects of pure science are not meant for taking job after completion , but to discover , invent something new, which require much patience & will power to withstand failures & that todays generation is lacking.
As you can see most of discoveries in science were made during 1990-2000, & no more after that.
Lure for luxuries, settled life & other amenities has diverted students from higher studies. Even students of elite institutes give priority to job than MTech/MS.
Only students cannt be blamed, educational curriculum has become uninteresting & lacks creativity, only few professors are genuinely interested in teaching, they are more worried about their pay scale.
6th July 2011, 08:45 AM
Unregistered

i have taken pure science (biology,physics,chemistry,computer science) in my higher secondary .what are all the valueable courses for me aftr 12th plz help me sir /mam?????????
6th July 2011, 04:13 PM
digvijaygarg

The reason being most of the top companies in india ask for engineering students as it involves industrial training where students get to learn about the insights of the job...
31st October 2011, 07:53 PM
Unregistered

I think BS is much better than BSc course as it is related to technical field also. N one can get industrial job after doing 1 yr MS or can go in research line n do PhD
8th November 2011, 08:50 AM
pabitra_nayak
Senior Member+

The main reason for it in BE there is so many chances for the good placements in the companies directly from the college
but b.sc. has less placements........
4th June 2012, 09:38 PM
Unregistered

I TOOK PURE SCIENCE IN 12TH WHAT ARE COURSES ARE THERE AFTER FINISHING 12TH
29th May 2013, 09:54 PM
Unregistered

what shall i take after completing 12th pure science course
1st August 2013, 02:07 PM
Unregistered

are there optiond to go to pure science after b tech????? realizing that this is not the field i am suitable for......
2nd September 2013, 04:49 PM
Unregistered

i have secured 52% marks in xiith west bengal board and took admission in bsc pure(general). is it good for me or not?
please advice what i will do after completion of bsc.
24th November 2013, 10:50 AM
Unregistered

PLZ friends after finish 12th science choose the pure science//
28th November 2013, 11:25 AM
Unregistered

My daughter (11th grade, CBSE) has taken bio,phy & chem

Apart from Medicine or dentistry what are the options available.
26th January 2014, 11:38 AM
nareshsunrise
Senior Member++

Yes. It is happening in our present situation. Many of the candidates who have completed 12th class are preferring to join Engineering than regular 3 year Graduation courses like B.Sc.

To the best of my knowledge, here are the reasons for this.

-One can easily get job opportunities in MNCs after completion of Engineering. But such a facility will not be there for the candidates after completion of B.Sc courses.

-The academic curriculum of Engineering course would involve 4 years and it is semester based where as the academic curriculum of Pure Sciences would involve just 3 years and it is year based.

-During the Engineering course, the candidates have to work for
Main Project
Mini Project
Summer Internship
Workshops
Paper Presentations etc.

But candidates who are pursuing B.Sc course may or may not involve in the above mentioned activities.

This is the reason why Engineering candidates will be offered good salaries than the candidates who have completed B.Sc course.

I have seen many of the candidates who are joining B.Sc course only
-if they did not get admission for Engineering or
-if they can not afford for Engineering course or
-if they are not good at academics.

Hope this information will be useful for you.

Wish you all the best.
12th May 2014, 09:29 PM
Unregistered

i will not accep.t the thing u said . because to read bsc in pure science there should be guts and will power and patience but nowadays students lack this.and they want to earn money as fast as they they all see for only money but not knowledge but bsc is not like that
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?