2nd June 2012, 07:50 PM
Unregistered

Will I get admission in any college if I don't have science in HS?

I will be admission in BCA.but I has not science in H.S. Do I amdission in any college??????

Related Questions:
  1. Best colleges for B.Com in Hyderabad?
  2. Scope of B.Sc Physical Science(General) after 12th standard?
  3. Want to do phd. in zoology after msc. in zooloy?
  4. List of the colleges of forensics in Chennai?
  5. Apar India college affiliated to sikkim manipal university, good for MBA?
  6. Admission in engineering college in Gujarat after scoring 47.69% in Gujrat board exam and 47 in GUJCET? Which field should I go for if I dont get admission?
  7. My ranking in AIEEE is 60587 in state but i got 140 marks in pcm so can i do engineering? -- [Most Discussed]
  8. Criteria for admission in MSc Forensic Science? Where can I get admission and what is the procedure of admission?
  9. Required marks in graduation to go for Post graduation in Science field?
  10. Which stream is to be chosen after 10th?
  11. List of private as well as government colleges offering BBA course in Tamilnadu? Fee structure details?
  12. Can I take admission into B.Arch on the basis of 12th science through management quota in Pune City? I have scored 133 marks in PCM
  13. Eligibility of admission in BBA for Bangladeshi student in India without having IELTS score? List of Universities for the same? -- [New]
  14. How to get admission in ST Stephers college in Delhi?
  15. List of Calicut University affiliated colleges which offer BCA course in Ernakulam
  16. Names of the engineering colleges which dont take donation for admission for B.Tech Degree course?
  17. Which is best between MSc Life Science and MSc Botany
  18. Procedure of getting admission in government polytechnic Maharashtra? Do I need to visit Bandra college for admission?
3rd August 2012, 09:18 PM
manpriy

Default Re: Will I get admission in any college if I don't have science in HS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I will be admission in BCA.but I has not science in H.S. Do I amdission in any college??????
you may take admission in any collage if you want, science is not compulsory to do bca.
for bca your math and commerce should be strong.

you can do what you want , only if you want
4th August 2012, 01:05 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Okay so you want to do Bachelor in Computer Applications but do not have Science in the high school. Well that is not going to be much of the issue. Because commerce stream students too can apply for BCA course. The real requirement for BCA is Maths. You should have maths as one of the subjects in 12th, else you are not eligible.

In case you do not have Maths as a subject in 12th then you will have to do a graduation course in which maths should be one of the subjects. After completing the graduation course, you can apply fo Masters in Computer Applications course which I would recommend you to go for anyway since BCA does not have much scope these days.

Bachelor in Computer Applications is the 3 years long graduation course related to the softwares, networking and programming languages like C++ etc. As the name suggest it is computer related course and after completing it you can apply for jobs in IT companies like:

Infosys

Microsoft India

Google India

Wipro

Tech Mahindra

HCL

TCS

However these days due to rising competition and more number of MCA students the value of BCA course has depreceated. It does not mean that you will not get a job after completing BCA but certainly your options are much bright after completing MCA course.

Eligibility for BCA

Candidate must complete at least 12th from a recognised board.

He/She must score at least 50 percent marks in 12th board. However this rule varies from college to college. Some college may require 60 per cent marks for the same.

Maths should be one of the subjects in 12th.

There are several entrance exams for BCA admission. Several universities conduct their own entrance exam for BCA. Some of the BCA entrance exams are:

GGSIPU CET

AIMA UGAT

Symbiosis Entrance Test
4th August 2012, 01:54 PM
AZIM SHEIKH

Quote:
ofcourse You can go for Bca.
Bca its a bachelor of computer application and in order to go for it you must and should have mathematics as one of your subject.
In Bca you will be dealing with computer programming and data structures in your first year its all you basics, like programming, algorithm, flowcharts, searching and sorting, arrays, pointers etc. All there thing are the basics of bca.
Later you will study about c ++, java, web designing.

hope you get the best.

Azim
4th August 2012, 02:25 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
If you are interested in the field of information technology then BCA or Bachelor in Computer Application is the one for you then. BCA is a three year's full time course.

This course is mainly concerned with system management, software development, web designing and so on. So after completing this course you can easily find jobs in various IT and software companies.

There are a list of affiliated colleges and universities offering this course and the admission procedure basically varies from one college to the other. While some prefers to conduct an exam, others even provides direct admission.

But if your aim is to make it to the top level colleges then you have to give their entrance exams since most of the top ranked colleges dont provide direct admission.

Coming back to your query let me tell you that you need not worry about what background you are from-science, arts or commerce. Because more than that what is more important is that you should have mathematics as one of your compulsory subject at 10+2 level. That is the deciding factor here which will give you the opportunity to pursue this course. So if you have mathematics then you can apply for this course easily.

For applying for BCA you need to pass higher secondary examination or its equivalent with a healthy 50 percent of marks.

Now this is the marks which most of the standard college asks. Some may drop the required percentage a bit to fill up the seats. So basically the eligibility criteria varies from one college to the other.

While applying for this exam your age should not be less than 17 years.

As said earlier most of the top reputed colleges conducts their own written examination which is followed by group discussion and personal interview session.

Final merit list is published by combining the marks achieved in the class XII board exam and the marks secured in the entrance exam.

For the BCA entrance exam questions are generally asked from the following sections:

Reasoning and Analytical Ability
General Awareness
Current Events
Mathematics
General English
Computer Awareness

List of top BCA Entrance Test:

All India Management Association Undergraduate Aptitude Test

GGSIPU Combined Entrance Test

Symbiosis Entrance Test

Pune University BCA Exam

Delhi University BCA Entrance Test

Top BCA Institutes in India:

Christ University, Bangalore

Madras Christian College, Chennai

Loyola College, Chennai

Vellore Institute of Technology, Vellore

Bhartiya Vidya Mandir College of Management Education

Advanced Institute of Modern Management and Technology, Kolkata

Arcade Business College, Patna
4th August 2012, 02:41 PM
anu kumari 2
Senior Member+

friend,

For BCA doesn't Important science .you can get admission in any college .

BCA stands for Bachelor of computer application

BCA eligiblity-

Candidate passed 12th with 50% marks from recognized university .

some of college Conduct entrance exam for BCA admission

BCA college in india

Brihan Maharashtra College of Commerce Pune, India

[B]Choice Institute of Management (CIM) Pune, India[/B

Academy of Technology Management -
Global Business School (ATM-GBS) Delhi/NCR, India

Advance Institute of Management Ghaziabad - Delhi/ NCR, India

Amity Institute of Information Technology Noida - Delhi/NCR, India

Amity School of Distance Learning Noida - Delhi/NCR, India

Apar India College of Management and Technology Delhi/NCR, India
4th August 2012, 02:43 PM
anu kumari 2
Senior Member+

friend,

For BCA doesn't Important science .you can get admission in any college .

BCA stands for Bachelor of computer application

BCA eligiblity-

Candidate passed 12th with 50% marks from recognized university .

some of college Conduct entrance exam for BCA admission

BCA college in india

Brihan Maharashtra College of Commerce Pune, India

[B]Choice Institute of Management (CIM) Pune, India[/B

Academy of Technology Management -
Global Business School (ATM-GBS) Delhi/NCR, India

Advance Institute of Management Ghaziabad - Delhi/ NCR, India

Amity Institute of Information Technology Noida - Delhi/NCR, India

Amity School of Distance Learning Noida - Delhi/NCR, India

Apar India College of Management and Technology Delhi/NCR, India
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?