4th July 2011, 03:20 PM
Unregistered

Will I get admission in any trade at SVNIT Surat under SC category?

Will I get admission in any trade at SVNIT,surat under SC category.......?
If yes, thenplease give the list of the trades in which i could be admitted.
My aieee Ranks are.....

All india rank : over all = 687041
category = 56246

State rank : over all = 30565
category = 1488

12th February 2016, 12:15 PM
joyshreenath
Senior Member++

Default Re: Will I get admission in any trade at SVNIT Surat under SC category?

One problem is that, you have posted the question in 2011. This is 2016. So the rank and score that you obtained at that time will not be valid anymore. You have to sit for the AIEEE examinations once more.
The rank that you have got is over 68,000 in India. So taking the fact that around 3000 more students will apply along with you in SVNIT Surat, this rank will not be helpful. Not even the fact that you will apply under SC category will help here.
Now, your state rank is much better and it is under 5000. So if it is considered that only candidates from Surat apply there, then you have a chance of cracking in this college. But all said and done, you have to sit for AIEEE again. This time please try to rank as high as possible.
Regarding the stream, I would suggest you to choose mechanical engineering or civil engineering or applied physics. These streams have lesser people opting for it. So chances of cracking in it with rank less than 5000 is a possibility. Also, you can get into top level companies from such stream without getting into a cut-throat rat race.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?