21st June 2010, 07:55 PM
Unregistered

Will I have to give the entrance exams like GATE to take admission in Ph.D? List of government or central universities offering Ph.D in computer science?

Sir/Madam,

I am doing MCA and I want to do Ph.D later. I have done my XII in Commerce with Maths.
I want to know whether I will have to give entrance exams like GATE or Universities' own entrance to take admission in Ph.D or there is direct entry.

Also send me a list of Govt. or Central Universities that offer Ph.D in Computer Science.

Munna
E-mail: [email protected]

Related Questions:
  1. Will I have to give any entrance exams like GATE to do Ph.D in Computer Science? Procedure to do Ph.D? List of government or central universities offering Ph.D in Computer Science?
  2. List of exams to give for doing Ph.D in Computer Science in best universities?
  3. List of colleges offering PhD in Computer Science in India? Entrance exams to get admission?
  4. List of universities which offer PhD in Politics in India? Entrance exams to get admission?
  5. In which entrance exam I have to appear for studying PhD(Computer Science) in Abroad with scholarship? List of universities for admission?
  6. List of universities offering PhD in Physiotherapy in India? Entrance exams to get admission? -- [New]
  7. List of universities offering Ph.D in Computer Science?
  8. List of universities offering PhD course for GATE qualified candidate?
  9. Universities/institutions offering PhD in chemistry? Entrance Exams for admission in PhD? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. List of universities which offer Part Time PhD in Computer Science to M.Sc postgraduate? Total expenses to study Part Time PhD?
  11. Which are the universities offering Ph.D in Sanskrit? Universities offering Ph.D without entrance?
  12. What are the reputed colleges offering admission in PhD twice in a year?
  13. List of universities offering PhD in Physiotherapy through entrance exams?
  14. List of universities offering distance PhD in Computer Science/Information Technology in India?
  15. List of top 10 universities which offer PhD in Computer Science in India?
  16. List of universities in Chennai for PhD in Computer Science? List of Guides with their respective specialization?
  17. List of universities which provides Ph.D course in India for foreign citizen?
  18. List of universities offering PhD in Computer Application in Rajasthan?
1st September 2011, 09:30 AM
swarupdey89

Default Re: Will I have to give the entrance exams like GATE to take admission in Ph.D? List of government or central universities offering Ph.D in computer science?

Hello sir,

You are doing MCA. It is good.But I have to tell you something true that MCA degree is considered equivalent to the BTech/BE degree and is not normally sufficient for admission. So BTech And BE students will get priority..
And in case of the admission in Phd you have to have an M.Tech or ME degree(equivallent to masters).
Otherwise you can't get admission in most of the universities..
(**Sometimes GATE score is also required)

There are such top universities which offer Phd in computer Science..Here are they for your request:
1>All IITs
2>Calcutta University
3>University of Kerala
4>Allahabad University
5>University of Hyderabad
6>University of Delhi
7>University of Haryana
etc.

best of luck for your future...
19th September 2011, 06:03 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Will I have to give the entrance exams like GATE to take admission in Ph.D? List of government or central universities offering Ph.D in computer science?

sir/mam i have done MCA from andhra university 6 years back and after marriage and having twins i am not able to concentrate on my career.now i am 33 years old but want to do something.because of this gap i am not confident enough that i will get job in IT please guide me where to start and how.
19th September 2011, 03:48 PM
BITAN GHOSH
Senior Member+

Dear friend,
You mentioned that you are a student of MCA.
Now if you want to do Ph.D. then you have to complete your Master degree first.
Being a student of this field you can't appear for the GATE exam as it is completely for the B.E./B.Tech students to do their Master degree.
So better you should focus on your field and apply for the colleges which might be possible for you.
Following are the colleges, where you can apply for Ph.D.:-
1. All the IITs
2. Calcutta University
3. University of Kerala
4. Allahabad University
5. University of Hyderabad
6. University of Delhi
7. University of Haryana etc.
All the very best..
19th September 2011, 04:43 PM
peterpan10
Senior Member+

If you are interested to do P.Hd then you must sit in IES.Here are the details of that examination.

IES Eligibility :

Academic Qualification :
The candidate must be graduate from any university.

Age Limit :
ForGeneral :21 to 30 years.[SC/ST will get 5 years age relaxation and OBC will get 3 year age relaxation]
25th January 2012, 12:27 PM
manas.europhia
Senior Member++

Location: Qr.No.- FR-99/8 ,SAILASHREE VIHAR , CHANDRASEKHAR PUR , BHUBANESWAR, ORISSA, PIN - 751021.

You mentioned that you are a student of MCA.
Now if you want to do Ph.D. then you have to complete your Master degree first.
Being a student of this field you can't appear for the GATE exam as it is completely for the B.E./B.Tech students to do their Master degree.
So better you should focus on your field and apply for the colleges which might be possible for you.
Following are the colleges, where you can apply for Ph.D.:-
1. All the IITs
2. Calcutta University
3. University of Kerala
4. Allahabad University
5. University of Hyderabad
6. University of Delhi
7. University of Haryana etc.
All the very best..
12th March 2012, 11:30 AM
Unregistered

sir/madam,
I completed my mtech last year and working as a proffesor. Now i wanted to start my PHD. Do i need to be GATE qualified for my PHD? Please rply to my question?
18th July 2012, 10:00 AM
Unregistered

i have qualified cet exam for phd in homeescience.i am p.g. from nutritional science i want to know about colleges and no. of seats in home science in which those courses offered
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?