2nd March 2012, 09:58 AM
Unregistered

Will there be any negative marking in WBJEE for the year 2012?

pls. let me know whether there is any negative marking in WBJEE 2012? If so, how.

9th April 2016, 12:56 PM
secret29
Senior Member+

Default Re: Will there be any negative marking in WBJEE for the year 2012?

Yes, There is negative marking criteria for the WBJEE entrance exams.

Before getting details about negative marking criteria you just need to have a look on exam pattern.

The exam pattern of WBJEE are:

There will be two parts of written test I.e paper-1 & Paper 2

Paper 1- Mathematics (2 hours)
Paper 2- Physics-Chemistry (2 hours)

Only multiple choice questions will be there in each papers and In both the papers, questions will be classified in three categories means- category 1, category 2 and category 3. The negative marks is also different for different category.

As per the WBJEE 2016 Exam Pattern, question weightage in the category I questions will be of 1 mark and in category 2 and I3 each question will carry 2 marks, for correct answer.

Negative Marking for Category 1 - 0.25 Marks will be deducted for each wrong answer.

Negative Marking for Category 2- 1 Marks will be deducted for each wrong answer.

Negative Marking for Category 3- No negative marking in this section. In this section more than 1 answer can be correct. Here every questions will have two correct answers and to get full marks you need to give both correct answer, Else no marks will be given to you.

Note: If candidates marks one correct and one incorrect answer then no marks will be awarded.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?