22nd December 2011, 08:26 PM
rahul priyaranjan

Will it be useful to read the book prescribed by IIT Bombay for GATE since they will be conducted it?

gate 2013 will conducted by iit bombay(by seqnce of conduction)
is it useful to read the book which is prescribed by iit bombay

23rd December 2011, 12:34 PM
jayparikh

Lightbulb Re: Will it be useful to read the book prescribed by IIT Bombay for GATE since they will be conducted it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul priyaranjan View Post
gate 2013 will conducted by iit bombay(by seqnce of conduction)
is it useful to read the book which is prescribed by iit bombay
Will it be useful to read the book prescribed by IIT Bombay for GATE since they will be conducted it?

Hi rahul,

Learn as much books as possible, don't know which one is going to help you.

Here, I want to clear your perception, many students think like that.

IIT-Bombay is going to conduct this exam but this doesn't mean that , the whole paper will come from IIT- Bombay itself.

Generally , what happens that they divide each section with several other IITs, and by combining all they create one paper. And IITs prepare 3-4 types of such papers before selecting any one.

And, finally , IIT-Bombay authority select one of the paper from 4-5 types of papers designed above mentioned way.

so,no one can know which type of paper will come, even paper setter will not know that whether his paper will come or not.Because 4-5 paper setter designs GATE paper but they don't know, which one will be selected by authority. One can only know this after starting of the gate paper at the fixed date.

so,its completely not depend upon which institute is going to conduct this exam.

so, prepare from as much material as you can. but please remove this Idea completely from your mind because it will not going to help you.

DO post here, for any other query.

Best of luck

regards.
29th December 2011, 07:20 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Will it be useful to read the book prescribed by IIT Bombay for GATE since they will be conducted it?

hi this is rohit wrking for one corporate...

i want a change in carrer and i have chosen gate entrance as best option to switch my carrier by doing Mtech

can u help me in that perspective.....and can u say me the weightage of topics in computer science .....

please do the needful

regards,
rohit gangone
[email protected]
7th March 2012, 07:42 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Will it be useful to read the book prescribed by IIT Bombay for GATE since they will be conducted it?

hi i am Sudhakar..
send top 50 coll for M.E. and M.tech
i am pursuing ECE..

[email protected]
7th August 2012, 11:39 PM
Unregistered

FROM WHERE I SHOULD PURCHESE BOOK PUBLISHED BY IIT BOMBAY
10th October 2012, 01:20 AM
Unregistered

in last which years gate paper set by iit bombay??
19th October 2012, 10:24 AM
Unregistered

hi this is prateek..
in last which years gate paper set by iit bombay??
do reply asap..!!
thank u..!
17th December 2012, 11:50 PM
Unregistered

I m appearing for gate 2013. plz tell me the prescribed subjects and the weightage of topics in E & C branch...
Thanks in advance
6th January 2013, 01:15 PM
Unregistered

pls i want to knw that in which year iit bombay has set question papers?
6th January 2013, 09:13 PM
end of query
Senior Member+

Yes friend, the books suggested by the institute which is taking the exam are highly helpful in cracking the exam.
As for the gate purpose, the exam is been conducted by the institute IIT Bombay, therefore the major portion of the paper will be from the books which the particular institute has suggested. Because every institution has its own standards and in order to retain their standards, they set the paper accordingly.
7th January 2013, 10:25 AM
ankit80
Member+

Well dear first of all you should forget that if exam is conducted by iit bombay then they will create whole paper.paper is made by combining the questions from the papers made by different iits.they make atleast 4 to 5 years and any of them is selected.as far as book follow as much books as you can all will help you.best of luck
13th March 2013, 04:23 PM
Unregistered

which are the good coaching classes for preparing gate ( mech engg) in mumbai.
26th September 2013, 12:14 PM
Unregistered

which book is preffer for preparation....
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?