22nd April 2015, 09:09 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to appear in Civil Services exam if appeared in 12th Board exam?

Hello,
I have appeared in 12th Board exam and
waiting for my result. I want to give Civil Services
exams so please tell me I am eligible to appear in any
Civil Services exam or not?

26th April 2015, 09:56 AM
Uthradhi
Senior Member+

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear in Civil Services exam if appeared in 12th Board exam?

No, you are not eligible to apply for Civil Service Examination because you have not finished your degree course. Without completing degree course, you cannot appear for Civil Service Examination. Basic Educational Qualification is that to apply for this examination is candidate should have completed degree course in any discipline from a recognized university or equivalent qualification. Candidate age should be between 21 years and 32 years as on 1st august of the year of examination. Age relaxation is applicable for reserved categories. So, after completing degree course you are definitely eligible to apply for this examination.
26th April 2015, 10:26 AM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear in Civil Services exam if appeared in 12th Board exam?

No, you are not eligible to appear in Civil Services examination after completion of your 12th standard Board examinations. The minimum educational qualification required to appear in Civil Services examination is mentioned below :-

1. You must be a citizen of India.

2. You must have completed Graduation degree or equivalent in any discipline from a recognised university.

3. You must be in between 21-30 years old. Upper age relaxation is applicable to reserved category candidates as per government rules.

4. You must be Physically fit as per Physical standards mentioned in the UPSC Civil Services examination notification.

Since, you had not completed your Graduation, being a 12th standard student, you are note eligible to appear in Civil Services examination.
26th April 2015, 05:09 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello,
I have appeared in 12th Board exam and
waiting for my result. I want to give Civil Services
exams so please tell me I am eligible to appear in any
Civil Services exam or not?
No, you are not eligible for Civil Service exam.

If you have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university then you are eligible for Civil Service exam.

Age criteria:

For General: 21 to 30 years
For OBC: 21 to 33 years
For SC/ST: 21 to 35 years

No. of attempts:

For General: 3
For OBC: 7
For SC/ST: No Restriction

Selection process for Civil Service exam:

1)Preliminary test
2)Mains exam
3)Personal interview

Books for Civil Service exam:-

IAS PRE: Data Interpretation and Data Sufficiency
by Upscportal
Publisher: Upscportal.com
Price: Rs. 225

UPSC IAS PRE: English Grammar and Usage
by Upscportal
Publisher: UPSCPORTAL Publications
Price: Rs. 220

UPSC PORTAL: English Language Comprehension Skills
by UPSCportal Editorial Board
Publisher: Upsc Portal
Price: Rs. 150

UPSC Portal General Knowledge Manual
by UPSCportal Editorial Board
Publisher: Upscportal.com
Price: Rs. 150
15th December 2017, 03:07 PM
nishanth60

No, it is sorry to say that you are not eligible to apply for Civil Services Examination conducted by UPSC every year to recruit the candidates for Administrative and defence services.The minimum educational qualification required to apply for Civil Services Examination is Graduation in any discipline from UGC approved institution or university.Age limit to apply for this exam is 21-32 years and the age relaxations are : 3 years for OBC candidates, 5 years for SC/ST candidates.And the maximum number of attempts allowed are : 4 for General category, 7 for OBC category and no limit for SC & ST candidates.The selection procedure of civil services examination is preliminary exam,main examination followed by personal interview and medical fitness test.For further information please check www.upsc.gov.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?