27th May 2015, 12:14 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply for Indian Forest Service exam if completed B.Sc(Zoology) from IGNOU?

Sir,
I am a B.Sc graduate in Zoology from IGNOU.
Am I eligible for Indian Forest Service Examination?
What is the eligibility for applying?
Waiting for your reply.

Related Questions:
30th May 2015, 04:00 AM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for Indian Forest Service exam if completed B.Sc(Zoology) from IGNOU?

Yes dear you are eligible to apply for Indian Forest Service Examination. Since you have " Zoology " in your graduation. And what I mean to say was you need to have at least one of the subjects are listed below.

Veterinary Science, Animal Husbandry, Chemistry , Physics, Maths, statistics, Geology , Zoology, Agricultural or Forestry Engineering in your graduation from the recognized University.

Age should be in between 21 to 30 years. As per the government norms age relaxation is allowed for the reserved candidates.

Important dates for Indian Forest Service Examination :

<> Starting date to fill the Application form :23/05/2015

<> Last date to fill the application form :19/06/2015

<> Date of Preliminary Examination :23/08/2015

<> Date of Main's Examination :21/11/2015 .
30th May 2015, 07:52 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for Indian Forest Service exam if completed B.Sc(Zoology) from IGNOU?

Of course yes, you are certainly eligible to apply for Indian Forest Service (IFS) Examination after completion of B.Sc (Zoology) from Indira Gandhi National Open University. I have provided the required eligibility criteria and important instructions below,

Educational Qualification:

>> A Bachelor's Degree with at least one of the below subjects namely,
* Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science
* Chemistry
* Botany
* Geology
* Physics
* Mathematics
* Statistics
* Zoology

(Or)

>> Bachelor Degree in Agriculture

(Or)

>> Bachelor Degree in Forestry

(Or)

>> Bachelor Degree in Engineering of a recognized university or its equivalent qualification.

>> Since you have completed Bachelor Degree in Zoology (B.Sc in Zoology) you are eligible to appear in Indian Forest Service Exam.
30th May 2015, 12:47 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to apply for Indian Forest Service examination after completion of your B.Sc. (Zoology) course from IGNOU. The Indian Forest Service examination is conducted by UPSC twice a year for candidates who are interested to join in Indian Forest Service. Eligibility criteria required to join in Indian Forest Service is mentioned below :-

1. You must be a citizen of India.

2. You must have attained the minimum age of 21 years and must not have crossed the maximum age of 32 years. Upper age relaxation is applicable to reserved category candidates as per government rules.

3. You must have completed Bachelor's degree with at least one of the subjects namely Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor's degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Engineering from any recognised university.

4. You must be Physically fit as per physical standards mentioned in the UPSC IFS examination notifcation.
30th May 2015, 04:48 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to apply for Indian Forest Service Exam after completing B.Sc ( Zoology ) from IGNOU.

Candidate who have completed his/her graduation degree in any of the following stream from any recognised university are eligible for Indian Forest Service Exam:
  • Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science
  • Botany
  • Chemistry
  • Geology
  • Mathematics
  • Physics
  • Statistics
  • Zoology
  • Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture or Forestry
  • Engineering

As you have done graduation in Zoology from IGNOU which is well recognised university, so you are eligible for Indian Forest Services Examination.

Age Limit : 21 to 30 years. Age relaxation is also provided as per government norms.
30th May 2015, 06:54 PM
Ashwakh

Eligiblity for Indian forest service exam :-
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

> The candidate shouldhave completed Graduation in any descipline from a Recognized university .
> Age of the candidate shouldbe in between 21-30 years , if the candidate belongs to General Category.
> Age of the candidate shouldbe in between 21-33 years , if the candidate belongs to OBC Category
> Age of the candidate shouldbe in between 21-35 years , if the candidate belongs to SC or ST category
> The candidate shouldbe a citizen of india.

So , if IGNOU is a Recognised University , then you are eligible to apply for the IFS exam .

Selection process is ,

1. Preliminary exam
2. Main exam
3. Interview
30th May 2015, 07:07 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

UPSC - Union Public Service Commission conducts the Indian Forest Service (IFS) exam to recruit the candidates to forest services of India.

ELIGIBILITY :

* Candidate should be the citizen of India.

* Candidate can be subject of Nepal/ Bhutan.

* Aspirant's age limit should be in between 21-30 years.

* Candidate must hold a Bachelor's degree in science with any one of subjects like Chemistry, Botany, Zoology, Geology, Statistics, Veterinary science and Animal Husbandry, or bachelor's degree in Engineering in any stream from a recognized University/ Institution.

* Candidate who have degree of MBBS/ Agriculture/ Forestry are also eligible to appear for the exam.
30th May 2015, 07:17 PM
Uthradhi
Senior Member+

Eligibility Criteria:

You should have completed Degree with at least one of the following subjects and they are Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Zoology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics or Engineering from a recognized university or equivalent qualification. You must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years as on 1st August of the year of examination. Upper age limits are applicable for reserved categories. Final year of degree course may also apply.
31st May 2015, 12:21 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir,
I am a B.Sc graduate in Zoology from IGNOU.
Am I eligible for Indian Forest Service Examination?
What is the eligibility for applying?
Waiting for your reply.
You have completed B.Sc degree in Zoology so you are eligible for Indian Forest Service examination.

Eligibility for Indian Forest Services exam:-

Those candidates who have completed graduation degree from a recognized university in Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics and Zoology or a degree in Agriculture or Forestry or Engineering are eligible for IFS exam.

Final year student are also eligible for Indian Forest Services exam.

Your age should be in between 21 to 30 years.
31st May 2015, 01:47 PM
james hettfield
Member+

Yes you are eligible for appearing in the indian forest examination because you satisfy the eligibility condition
The eligibility condition is that you need to be a graduate in any of the following streams mentioned below
Veterinary Science, Animal Husbandry, Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics, statistics, Geology, Zoology, Agricultural or Forestry Engineering.
The age limit for appearing in the exam is 21-30 years.
A relaxation of 3 years is given to the obc category and 5 years relaxation for schedule caste/schedule tribes.
The last date for applying for the exam is 19th june 2015 and the examination will be held on 23rd august
28th June 2022, 01:08 AM
Unregistered

i want to get into Indian forest services, can i do undergraduation in forensics or will it hinder my eligibility to appear in the exam please someone help me.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?