21st June 2013, 09:19 AM
Unregistered

Are commerce students eligible to join Indian Forest Service?

I'm a final year b.com student with accounts specilization. I recently found out about career options in Indian forest service. Is there any chance for me to get into the Indian forest service?? I really want to get into the Indian forest service very badly !

9th July 2014, 05:39 PM
ChakrabortyP
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Are commerce students eligible to join Indian Forest Service?

Any candidate should be citizen of India, Nepal, Bhutan, Tibetan refugee any person of Indian origin who had migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Srilanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam residing in India. The age limit is 21 years to 30 years old. Incase of Scheduled Caste or a Scheduled Tribe, five years relaxation is provided. For OBC category, three years relaxation is provided. PH category will get 10 years relaxation. For eligibility, candidate should have Bachelor’s degree with at least one of the subjects namely, Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture or Forestry or Engineering of a recognised university or equivalent.

Paper I - General English 300 Marks
Paper II - General Knowledge 300 Marks
Paper III, IV, V & VI - Any two subjects to be selected from the list of optional subjects set out below. Each subject will have two papers. 200 Marks for each paper
19th October 2016, 06:28 PM
Unregistered

Is physical qualification is must be needed for upsc Indian forest service and what sould be rank needed for it? From SAGAR!
19th June 2017, 07:24 PM
Unregistered

Can a commerce student with French as second language are eligible to join IFS
30th March 2020, 08:27 PM
Unregistered

Can commerce students eligible to IFSO exam ???
29th August 2020, 01:46 AM
Unregistered

Please is there any way by which a commerce student can be eligible for Indian forest services
31st August 2020, 05:56 PM
chin6303

Talking Re: Are commerce students eligible to join Indian Forest Service?

Are commerce students eligible to join Indian Forest Service

IFS Stands for Indian Forest Service . This Examination is Conducted by Union Public Service Commission . No, you are a Commerce stream candidate you are not eligible for IFS Examination

For IFS exams, the candidate must hold a Bachelor's degree with at least one of the subjects namely Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor's degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Engineering
31st August 2020, 08:10 PM
sachariah
Senior Member+++

Talking Re: Are commerce students eligible to join Indian Forest Service?

No Commerce students are not allowed to Indian Forest Service examination.

IFS Stands for Indian Forest Service . This Examination is Conducted by Union Public Service Commission . No, Being a Commerce stream candidate your Not eligible for IFS Examination
5th January 2022, 08:50 PM
Unregistered

If commerce student do his bachelor degree with statistics he is eligible for Indian forest service
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?