6th May 2016, 05:54 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to join Indian Air Force being a CSE graduate?

Hello Friends,
I am a B.Tech(CSE) holder with 62% marks. I am interested in Indian Air Force. I am eligible to join Indian Air Force? Please tell me about this.

Related Questions:
  1. Why girls are not eligible to join Indian Air Force on 10th basis?
  2. What kind of entrance exam is available to join Indian Air Force for B.Com graduate?
  3. Any job opportunity for me in IAF after doing graduation in BHU?
  4. Procedure, Eligibility criteria, Fitness and physical criteria for girls to join Indian Air Force? What are the different branches and entrance exams for which girl candidates can apply? -- [Most Discussed]
  5. What is the procedure for an architect to join Indian Air force
  6. Is it possible to join IAF being a Diploma student?
  7. What are the possibilities of joining Indian Airforce after Diploma in Mechanical stream?
  8. How can I join Indian Navy or Air Force? I am a commerce graduate
  9. Can I join Indian Air Force as a medical graduate?
  10. How to join Indian Air Force after passing class 10th? What is the education requirement for Indian Air Force?
  11. What should I study further after completion of 12th to join Indian Air Force? -- [New]
  12. Eligibility for joining Indian Navy or Indian Air Force 2015
  13. What is the role of Pharmacist in Indian Air Force? Scope for Pharmacy candidates in Air Force, Navy and Army? How can I join Navy, Army or Air Force being a Graduate in Pharmacy?
  14. What to do to join as a Pilot in Indian Air Force being a candidate of BE in CSE?
  15. Should I join Army or Air Force after passing B.Tech CSE with 63%?
  16. How can I join Indian Air Force being a 10th student? Detailed information about Indian Air Force?
  17. Procedure to become Law Officer in Indian Air Force for B.Sc LLB Honours graduate?
  18. How to join Indian Air Force being a B.Pharmacy graduate?
9th May 2016, 12:52 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to join Indian Air Force being a CSE graduate?

Yes, you are eligible to join Indian Air Force being a CSE graduate. To join Indian Air Force after completion of your Graduation, you must have to appear in CDS examination which is conducted by UPSC twice a year.

Eligibility Criteria :-
1. You must be a citizen of India.

2. You must have passed Degree with Physics and Mathematics subjects at 10+2 level or Bachelor of Engineering course from a recognised university.

3. You must be in between 20 to 24 years old.

4. You must be Physically fit as per physical standards mentioned in the UPSC CDS examination notification.
9th May 2016, 03:20 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility Criteria Required to join Indian Air Force:

Yes, you are certainly eligible to join Indian Air Force after successful completion of Bachelor of Technology in Computer Science Engineering. The minimum educational qualification required to be eligible for joining Indian Air Force is given below.

You may join Indian Air Force through AFCAT (or) To join Indian Air Force, you may appear in Combined Defence Services Examination (CDSE) which is conducted by Union Public Service Commission (UPSC). There are several cadres in CDS and they are,
* Indian Military Academy and Officer Training Academy
* Naval Academy
* Air Force Academy

The basic educational qualification required for Air Force Academy is "B.Sc with Physics and / or Mathematics or Bachelor of Engineering" from a recognized university.
9th May 2016, 06:50 PM
bhushankumar398
Senior Member++

You have completed B-Tech in Computer Science discipline and interested to get job in Indian Air Force. Yes, definitely you are eligible. Basically Indian Air Force conducts AFCAT exam every year for the recruitment of officers. Following are the details for this exam:

Eligibility: Student must possess Graduation degree (Minimum three year degree course) in any discipline from a recognised University who have attained minimum 60% marks in aggregate in all papers put together and have passed Maths and Physics at 10+2 level OR BE / B Tech degree (Four year course) from a recognised University with minimum 60% marks in aggregate in all papers put together. Basically this is the educational qualification for flying branch. You are not eligible for technical and ground duty branch.

Age Limit: 20 to 24 years. Relaxation in maximum age limit is given as per govt. norms.

Selection Procedure: The selection procedure consists of written exam (AFCAT) followed by SSB.

>>If you still have any doubt regarding the eligibility criteria, selection procedure etc then you can go through the detailed advertisement of AFCAT exam.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Notification-AFCAT-Commissioned-Officer-Posts.pdf(116.0 KB, 9 views)
10th May 2016, 12:10 AM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

You are eligible to join Indian Air Force. There are two exams conducted at bachelor's degree level for which candidates who want to join Air Force can apply. First examination is Combined Defence Services examination which is held twice every year by UPSC. The age limit for Air Force academy through CDS exam is 19-23 years.

*Second examination is AFCAT exam for different branches of Air Force like flying branch, technical branch and ground duty branch. The age limit for flying branch is 19-24years and that for ground duty branch is 19-26 years.

*In both examination, first stage is written test followed by Service Selection Board.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?