20th December 2015, 05:19 PM
Unregistered

What are the possibilities of joining Indian Airforce after Diploma in Mechanical stream?

Hello, i am nitin. I am studying in 3rd year mechanical diploma college. I want to know about my possibilities of joining Indian Airforce after the completion of my course?

Related Questions:
  1. Is Electronics a good stream to choose in Diploma with Airforce jobs view? -- [New]
  2. Possibilities to join Indian Air Force after passing diploma in Inst and Control branch? What is the procedure?
  3. Procedure to join Air Force after completion of Diploma in ECE?
  4. Is it possible for me to change my stream in B.Tech after completion of diploma course? or I need to take the same stream as in diploma?
  5. Can I join Indian Airforce through SSB exams after diploma in mechanical Engineering? -- [Most Discussed]
  6. How can I join Indian Army, Navy, Airforce after completing diploma or engineering in medical
  7. After doing diploma in mechanical engineering how can I join Indian Airforce?
  8. How to join Indian Air Force? I am a NCC student
  9. Can I join Aeronautical after completing diploma? I am interested in joining in Airforce
  10. Can I apply for Indian Airforce in Airman Trade after completing diploma in Mechanical Engineering with 58.76%?
  11. Can I join Indian Airforce after diploma in instrumentation engineering?
  12. How to join in Technical branch of Air Force being a candidate of pursuing BE in CSE?
  13. Being a Mechanical Engineering Diploma student, how can I join Indian Air Force?
  14. How to become an Airforce officer after studying in diploma in IT stream?
  15. What are the scope for Mechanical diploma holders to work in India Air Force?
  16. Indian Air Force job for prefinal year engineering students?
  17. How can I join Indian Army, Air Force or Navy after diploma in Mechanical? How to join after B.E Mechanical? What is the maximum age limit for joining defense?
  18. Possibilities of doing Architecture Engineering after Diploma in Mechanical field?
20th December 2015, 07:41 PM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

Default Re: What are the possibilities of joining Indian Airforce after Diploma in Mechanical stream?

No, you are not eligible to join Air Force after diploma course. To join Indian Air Force you have to qualify in NDA examination.

The required eligibility to appear in NDA ( Air Force ) is :-

Candidate must have passed or pursuing 10+2 from recognised board.

Candidate's age must be between 16.5-19.5 years.

Candidate's must have mathematics and physics as main paper in 10+2.

So, you are not eligible to join Indian Air Force after diploma degree. For more information about examination details visit at http://www.upsc.gov.in
20th December 2015, 08:19 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What are the possibilities of joining Indian Airforce after Diploma in Mechanical stream?

After completion of diploma in mechanical engineering you can apply for Group X Technical trade in Indian Air Force. This will be the best option for you according to your qualification. Selection will be based on the performance in written exam and interview.

There is Group Y trade also but it is not according to your qualification but you can still apply for it if you want.
20th December 2015, 09:46 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

To join in Indian Air Force, you must have to appear in NDA examination. The NDA examination is conducted by UPSC twice a year. Eligibility criteria required to join in Indian Navy by appearing in NDA examination is mentioned below :-

1. You must be a citizen of India.

2. You must have completed 12th standard with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry subjects from a recognised board.

3. You must be in between 16 1/2 to 19 years of age.

4. You must be an Unmarried Male candidate.

5. You must be Physically fit as per physical standards mentioned in the UPSC NDA examination notification.
20th December 2015, 11:07 PM
Bestanswerer
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello, i am nitin. I am studying in 3rd year mechanical diploma college. I want to know about my possibilities of joining Indian Airforce after the completion of my course?
Yes, you can join in Indian Air Force after completing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering. You can join in as a Airman in Air Force wing. The minimum educational qualification required to apply for the post of Air man is Diploma with at least 50% of marks from a recognized university. You are age should be not above 27 years. The selection will be based on Written exam , Physics and Interview.

You can also join in Indian Air Force through NDA conducted by the Union Public Service Commission. You should be unmarried male candidate and age should be in between 16.5 years to 19 years.

- Air Force Official website - http://careerairforce.nic.in/
- UPSC Official website - www.upsc.gov.in/
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?