2nd November 2014, 05:32 PM
Unregistered

Which branch should I choose in Engineering to become a scientist in ISRO?

Dear sir
i have jus cmpltd 12th in karnataka.
my aim is to join isro as a scientist so
which course shall i take in engg.
So dat i cn get job as a scientist in isro?

4th November 2014, 10:56 AM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which branch should I choose in Engineering to become a scientist in ISRO?

Various branch options are available in order to join ISRO. ISRO conducts research in various areas along with space research. SO engineers from various fields are required. The branches which you can choose and join ISRO are:-

- Aeronautical Engineering
- Aerospace Engineering
- Geological Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Computer Science Engineering
4th November 2014, 10:53 PM
belide
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Which branch should I choose in Engineering to become a scientist in ISRO?

In order to get in to ISRO, you can take any branch in Engineering. There will be openings for every branch of Engineering in ISRO. There will be various positions like Assistants, Scientists, Junior Engineers, Engineers and more in ISRO. Every position has it’s own eligible branch. So, it is advisable to take any branch of Engineering

Possible branches to be opted:

• Electronics and Communications Engineering
• Computer Science and Engineering
• Information Technology
• Electricals and Electronics Engineering
• Mechanical Engineering
• Civil Engineering

For more information, visit ISRO
21st March 2015, 08:31 AM
aadhihosur123

Cool Re: Which branch should I choose in Engineering to become a scientist in ISRO?

ISRO refers to the Indian Space Research Organisation, it is a very big organisation encompassing multiple engineering fields. You are free to choose any branch, but preferably
AERONAUTICAL
MECHANICAL
CHEMICAL
CIVIL
have more priorities compared to ECE, EEE, PRODUCTION ENGG, BIO TECHNOLOGY etc
26th March 2015, 10:48 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

ISRO recruits the students once in a year by conducting the individual examination and not depends on any score of GATE, IES etc.,. For this exam ISRO only recruits the students having the below streams like ECE, EEE, Mechanical ,Civil.

And it only allows the students having the any of above streams in their graduation. So my best suggestion is to more concentrate on above streams. If you want to select one among all the above stream I recommend you the Mechanical Engineering. Since it is a Evergreen Stream.
27th March 2015, 09:58 AM
sanspeur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dear sir
i have jus cmpltd 12th in karnataka.
my aim is to join isro as a scientist so
which course shall i take in engg.
So dat i cn get job as a scientist in isro?
The branches suitable for joining isro as scientist are as folllows:
ELECTRICAL
ELECTRONICS AND COMMUNICATION.
MECHANICAL
CIVIL
AERONAUTICAL

chosing the course best suited for you depend upon the interest in that branch.
As the best branch according to me should be mechanical and civil if you are good in physics and math.
10th April 2015, 01:39 AM
sanspeur

As the every branch of engineering has their own importance and scope .but for becoming the scientist one should always go for core branch of engineering.
In my opinion the branch well suited for joining as the scientist are mentioned below:
Civil engineering
Mechanical
Electrical and electronics.
Electronic and communication.
Computer science engineering
Aeronautical engineering.

Also it is advisable you should go for the branch as per your interest and easily understanding of core subjects in order to pursue your career as a scientist.
14th April 2015, 12:37 PM
Ashwakh

It is always better to prefer one of the following branches in B.tech to join in Indian Space research Organisation .

~ Aeronautical engineering
~ Aerospace engineeing
~ Electronics and communication engineering
~ Mechanical engineering
~ Electrical and electronics engineering.

Among these , Aeronautical engineering will gives you more job oppurtunities to join in Isro.

If you get a Good percentage in B.tech then you can apply for the Entrance exam to join in isro.
20th May 2016, 06:44 PM
Unregistered

I am good at maths and want to join in ISRO which branch should i take in b.tech?
16th February 2017, 10:20 AM
Unregistered

Sir I am now in ninth state bord Maharashtra so what steps I must take to become a scientists in isro
17th August 2017, 11:30 AM
Unregistered

Sir now am in 1st year of aerospace engineering and I want to join in ISRO .I don't know how to prepare for the ISRO exam.should I prepare for the mechanical stream in ISRO or for the electrical stream???? Tell me some basics of ISRO exam.
21st May 2021, 12:22 AM
Unregistered

Hello, which branch is best suited for me as i have keen interest in stars, universe..basically for research scientist .
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?