13th June 2021, 07:05 PM
Unregistered

Can a horticulture graduate apply for IFS(Indian forest service) exam?

Dear sir/maam I am doing my Bsc in horticulture, so plz tell me that whether I am eligible for IFS or not? Can a horticulture graduate apply for IFS(indian forest service) exam

15th June 2021, 04:29 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can a horticulture graduate apply for IFS(Indian forest service) exam?

No, horticulture graduate can't apply for IFS(Indian Forest Service) exam.

BSc Horticulture is not among all the required qualification to become eligible to appear for Forest Service recruitment examination.

So, you are not eligible to apply for the examination.

The age limit is between 21 to 32 years.

Candidates with bachelor degree in animal husbandry, agriculture, mathematics, zoology, forestry are eligible to apply for Forest Service examination.

Official Website - www.upsc.gov.in
15th June 2021, 05:47 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can a horticulture graduate apply for IFS(Indian forest service) exam?

No, horticulture graduate can't apply for IFS(Indian Forest Service) exam.

Candidates with bachelor degree in animal husbandry/ agriculture/ mathematics/zoology/ forestry are eligible to apply for Forest Service examination.

So, you are not eligible to appear in the examination with bachelor degree in Horticulture.

Age limit is between 21 to 32 years.

For more information about the examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in
15th June 2021, 06:51 PM
jeet2porwal

Yes, A horticulture graduate can apply for IFS(Indian forest service) exam.

You must be graduate in Horticulture from recognized university.

Your age should be less than 32 years for IAS and IFS as general category candidate.

Age relaxation is applicable as per government rules.

Your final selection will be done through interview.
15th June 2021, 09:58 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

The required eligibility to apply for Indian Forest Service examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university in chemistry, physics, mathematics, zoology, botany etc as one of the main paper.

The age limit is 21-32 years relaxation for reserved category to appear for the examination.

So, you are eligible to appear for the examination. For more information about the examination pattern visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
15th June 2021, 09:58 PM
Msdhoni02

Yes, of course you are eligible for Indian forest services. The main eligibility criteria is that the candidate must be from science background, which you already are. The candidate should be in the age group of 21 years to 32 years. The candidate should be Indian.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?