4th November 2016, 06:30 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for Income Tax Department officer post after completing Electrical Engineering?

Respected Sir, I have completed Electrical Engineering and now I want to become an Income Tax officer. I want to know am I eligible to apply for Income Tax Department officer post after completing Electrical Engineering? Please answer as soon as possible.

5th November 2016, 09:47 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for Income Tax Department officer post after completing Electrical Engineering?

The recruitment in Income Tax departmentas an officer is done through the UPSC Civil Service examination.

Yes, after the bachelor degree in electrical engineering you are eligible to appear for the examination.

So, you can appear for UPSC examination for the recruitment as I.R.S Officer. The eligibility to appear for examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree and age limit is 21-32 years with relaxation for reserved category.

The examination is conducted in three stages as Preliminary, Mains and Interview.

For syllabus and other details about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in
6th November 2016, 09:03 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for Income Tax Department officer post after completing Electrical Engineering?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected Sir, I have completed Electrical Engineering and now I want to become an Income Tax officer. I want to know am I eligible to apply for Income Tax Department officer post after completing Electrical Engineering? Please answer as soon as possible.
If you have completed graduation degree in Electrical Engineering from a recognized University then you are eligible for Income Tax Department.

To become an income tax officer, you should qualify in SSC CGL exam. So if you once successfully complete SSC CGL Tier I and II exam and interview exam then you are eligible for Income Tax Officer post.

Minimum qualification required to apply for this examination is completing a degree course from a recognized Institution.

Your age should be in between 21 to 27 years.

Age relaxation-

Upper age relaxation for OBC is upto 3 years.
For SC/ ST , it is upto 5 years.
For PWD it is upto 10 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?