7th September 2016, 03:17 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for Indian Army after B.Tech information technology branch being a girl candidate?

Hi, I am studying B.Tech information technology branch. My aim and goal is to become an military officer. Tell me whether I am eligible to apply for Indian military academy ( IMA ) or Indian Army or not? What is the procedure to apply for girls?

Related Questions:
  1. Scope for computer engineer in Indian Army? How can I prepare for Army? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. Procedure to join Indian Army for a B.Com in Accounts and Finance completed girl candidate
  3. Which wing of Army is good for a girl candidate after 12th? List of vacancies in Indian Army for girls? -- [New]
  4. How can I join Indian Army after passing B.Tech IT?
  5. How to apply for Indian Army being a girl? Required Qualification for this?
  6. Can I apply for Indian army before completion of my B.Tech? What's the exam which will I face to enter in to army? What's the package offered by army for technical engineers?
  7. How can a girl apply for officers rank in Indian Army with commerce stream without Maths?
  8. Girl studying B.Arch can serve Indian Army?
  9. Qualifications required for girl candidate in Indian Army? Colleges for girls to take admission in Indian Army located in Maharashtra?
  10. Can a girl join Indian army after graduation in PCM stream?
  11. Which type of government job would be suitable for me after completion of graduation with MSCIT and Tally courses?
  12. What should a Female candidate do to join the Indian Army? Will she get any benefits if her Father is a retired Army man?
  13. Is a girl eligible to join Indian Army after completion of graduation with PCM stream?
  14. Job Opportunities in Indian Army after completion of B.Tech in ECE?
  15. Whether pre final year student of CSE branch apply for Indian Army or not?
  16. How to join Indian Army after completion of B.Tech in IT? What will be the career scope for me in Indian Army?
  17. Whether girls can join Indian Army or not? For which post a girl can apply?
  18. How can I join Indian Army after scoring 55% in B.Tech
7th September 2016, 06:23 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for Indian Army after B.Tech information technology branch being a girl candidate?

Being a B.Tech in Information Technology degree holder, to be a Military Officer you will have to join CDS by qualifying CDS entrance examination for which you are eligible on educational qualification ground.

--> CDS stands for Combined Defense Services and like NDA it is training academy for those who want to be an officer in Indian Defense sector and have managed to qualify CDS entrance examination. CDS has four wings which includes Indian Military Academy ( IMA ), Air force Academy ( AFA ), Naval Academy ( NA ) and Officer's Training Academy ( OTA ).

--> CDS entrance examinations are held twice every year by UPSC in two stages which includes Written Examination and SSB ( Service Selection Board ) interview respectively.

--> The minimum qualification required by you for appearing in the same examination for joining IMA wing of CDS are as here under :-

* You must have the nationality of India.

* Your age must lie within 19 years to 24 years.

* You must have completed your bachelor degree course in any subject of your choice from a recognized university.

* You must satisfy the fitness norms as specified in the notification chart of same examination.

For further details regarding the same examination you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
7th September 2016, 08:00 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for Indian Army after B.Tech information technology branch being a girl candidate?

Yes, you are eligible to fulfill your aim. To become an officer in Indian Army you have to appear and qualify in CDS examination.

CDS examination is conducted by UPSC twice every year. The eligibility to appear for examination for recruitment in Indian Army is :-

Candidate must have passed bachelor degree from recognised board.

Candidate's age must be between 19-24 years.

So, you can appear for examination. The examination is conducted in two stages and after qualifying in each stages you are eligible for selection in Indian Army as an officer.

For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
7th September 2016, 09:08 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to apply for Indian Army after completion of your B.Tech Information Technology course being a girl candidate. To join Indian Army after completion of your Graduation, you have to appear in CDS examination which is conducted by UPSC twice a year. Eligibility criteria required to join Indian Army through CDS examination is mentioned below :-

1. You must be a citizen of India.

2. You must have completed Graduation degree or equivalent from a recognised university.

3. You must be in between 19-24 years of age.

4. You must be an Unmarried Male candidate.

5. You must be Physically fit as per physically standards mentioned in the UPSC CDS examination notification.
7th September 2016, 11:22 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi, I am studying B.Tech information technology branch. My aim and goal is to become an military officer. Tell me whether I am eligible to apply for Indian military academy ( IMA ) or Indian Army or not? What is the procedure to apply for girls?
You are a female candidate and you have completed B.A in English literature so you are eligible for Indian Army through CDS exam.

Indian Military Academy:- You need to be a graduate in any discipline from a recognized university. Your age should be between 19 to 24 years.

Officer's Training Academy:- You need to have a bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university or institution. Your age should be between 19 to 25 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?