15th December 2015, 01:08 PM
Unregistered

Girl studying B.Arch can serve Indian Army?

Actually I am a girl studying b.arch ( architecture) will i be able to serve indian army as my father also worked in army and i also wanted to join army. Is there any way ?? Plz guide me to fullfill my dream

15th December 2015, 04:47 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Girl studying B.Arch can serve Indian Army?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Actually I am a girl studying b.arch ( architecture) will i be able to serve indian army as my father also worked in army and i also wanted to join army. Is there any way ?? Plz guide me to fullfill my dream
There is no provision for girls to directly enter the Indian Army. However after completing graduation you can sit for CDS Examination to enter the Officer's training academy.

CDSE stands for Combined Defense Service Examination. This exam is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission twice every year in February/March and September/October.

OTA Exam Eligibility Criteria:-
  • You need to be a citizen of India.
  • You need to be a graduate in any discipline of your choice.
  • The lower age limit for this exam is 19 years and the upper age limit is 25 years.
  • Only unmarried female candidates are eligible to sit for this exam.
Selection Procedure:-
  • Written Examination
  • SSB Interview
  • Physical Test
OTA Exam Pattern:-
  • English Language :- 100 marks
  • General Knowledge :- 100 Marks
15th December 2015, 07:17 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to join Indian army after your B.Arch course. To join Indian Army you have to qualify in CDS examination.

CDS examination is conducted by UPSC twice every year and the examination is conducted for recruitment of candidates in defence services. The eligibility to appear for examination is candidates must have passed graduation from recognised university. Candidates age must be between 19-24 years.

The examination is conducted in two stages and candidates have to qualify in both stages for final selection. For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
15th December 2015, 07:22 PM
RSJ66
Senior Member++

# Of course, woman candidate can even join the Indian Army. For this, it is required that woman candidate must be graduate in any discipline.

# You are presently doing B. Arch (Architecture). After completing the degree in same discipline, you will too eligible to join Indian army by cracking Combined Defence Service
Examination (CDS) conducted by Union Public Service Commission (UPSC).

# Woman candidate can apply only for Officer Training Academy (OTA).

# Prescribed age limit fixed for woman candidate for Officer Training Academy (OTA) is 19 to 25 years.

# Prescribed eligibility criteria fixed for WOMAN CANDIDATE for Combined Defence Service Examination (CDS):

* Woman candidate must be Indian citizen.
* Must not be married.
* Must be graduate in any discipline from recognised university.
* Candidate in the final year of degree are also eligible.
* Must have the minimum height of 152 cm
* Must have the body weight according to height.
* Must be physically and medically healthy.
* Must bear moral character.

# Pattern of Combined Defence Service (CDS)Examination:

* Objective Type Written Test:

= Quantitative Aptitude
= General English
= Reasoning Ability
= General Studies & Current Affairs

* SSB Interview:

= Group Discussion
= Personal Interview
= Picture Perception Test
= Psychological Test

* Physical and Medical Test

# Best books for the preparation of Combined Defence Service (CDS) Examination:

* Non Verbal Reasoning by Prabhat Javed
* Objective Arithmetic by S.L. Gulati
* Analytical Reasoning by A.K. Pandey
* Verbal Reasoning by R.S. Aggrawal
* Dilhan Publication's Numerical Aptitude for Banking
* English for Competitive Examination by A.K. Kapoor
* English for Competitive Examination by Harimohan Prash
* Arihant's Objective English
* Pearson Guide to English Language
* Quantitative Aptitude by R.S. Aggrawal
* Quicker Maths by M. Tyra
* Lucent's General Studies
* Arihant's General Studies
15th December 2015, 07:52 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

You can serve in Indian army but for that you must apply for Combined Defence Services examination conducted twice every year for recruited into different academies of defence.

In this exam, both unmarried male and female candidates can apply. B.Arch candidates are eligible for Indian Military Academy and Officer's Training Academy. The age limit for IMA is 19-24 years and that for OTA is 19-25 years.

There is written test and Service Selection Board.

You can apply for this exam at http://www.upsconline.nic.in
15th December 2015, 07:58 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

I am pleased with your interest in serving as Indian Army being a girl candidates. Yes, as a girl you are eligible for joining Indian Army as an Officer.

To join you need to qualify in CDS examination. CDS stands for Combined Defence Services it is conducted for recruitment candidates in different wings. But to join as Army candidates need graduation degree from any recognised university and age between 19-24 years.

More details for examination pattern and syllabus are available at official website www.upsc.gov.in.
15th December 2015, 08:10 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Yes being a girl candidate and pursuing Bachelor of Architecture degree course you are eligible for joining Indian Army but for the same you will need to first clear your bachelor degree course and then CDS entrance examination.

CDS stands for Combined Defense Services and CDS entrance examinations are being held two times every year by Union Public Service Commission in two phases which includes written examination and service selection board interview respectively.

--> For appearing in the same examination you will need to satisfy the criteria mentioned below :-

* You must be an Indian resident along with your age lying within 19 years to 24 years.

* You must have either completed your bachelor degree course or must be in the final year of degree course with any discipline of your choice from a recognized university.

* You must satisfy the physical and mental fitness requirements too as per the norms.

For more queries regarding the same examination you can log on to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
15th December 2015, 10:41 PM
18Angel
Senior Member+

You can apply as an officer in Indian Army through entrance exam .The entrance exam such as CDS,Short service commission & Technical graduate course.

Eligibility Criteria for CDS:- You must be a graduate in any discipline .

Age limit:- Age must be between 19 to 25 years.

Technical Graduate Course:- You must be completed B.E./B.Tech .

Age limit:- Age must be between 18 to 28 years.

Short Service Commission:- You must be completed B.E./B.Tech.

Age Limit:- Age must be between 18 to 28 years.
15th December 2015, 10:58 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Yeah you can join in Indian army a defence force of India being a girl and who has completed B.arch. You need to apply for entrance exams to join in Indian army.

CDS is one of a defence service exam and you can apply for OTA (Officer Training Academy) and the eligibility needed are you should have a citizenship in India and should complete have 19-25 years. Educational qualification needed is completed degree from a recognized university.

You can apply for SSC-Technical Entry and the eligibility needed is citizenship in India, students of age 20 to 27 years is eligible. Candidate who have completed a degree is eligible for applying.

If you satisfy the criteria's for the respected exam then you can apply for them.
16th December 2015, 09:20 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
After completion of B.Arch, you can join in Indian Army through CDS exam being a female candidate.

CDS stands for Combined Defence Service exam.

Eligibility criteria:-

Indian Military academy: You should have completed graduation in any stream from a recognized university.

Age Criteria:-

Indian Military Academy: - 19 to 24 Years
24th May 2017, 10:28 AM
Unregistered

I am girl holding B.E ( civil) degree. Am I applicable for direct interview for OTA? While searching for OTA, I get an article saying that technical graduates need not to be appear for CDS its for non technical graduates.
Please do mention the required cutoffs and minimum marks required.
5th January 2020, 05:59 PM
Unregistered

I'm a girl studying b.arch and I'll be completing 3rd year of my course, this is a five year course and we can complete the last two years according to our will, anytime in ones lifetime.
So can I apply for cds after completing my 3rd year of b.arch?
20th January 2020, 07:25 PM
Unregistered

Which entrance exam is there for join I Indian army as architect
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?