19th February 2016, 07:19 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility criteria for job in Indian Embassy? Is it under government sector?

I am a cse b.tech degree holder. I want to know about the eligibility criteria for jobs in indian embassy. Kindly tell me the eligibility criteria for this? Also tell me if this job comes under Government sector or not?

Related Questions:
  1. Eligibility to get scholarship through Indian Embassy for MBA program?
  2. Is there any teaching job in government sector after completion of 12th?
  3. What is the eligibility criteria for Indian Embassy in Germany?
  4. What is the criteria for eligibility for Indian Embassy Scholarship? I have completed 12th science with 72% aggregate marks and 85 marks in English
  5. Detailed procedure to apply for job in Indian Embassy for a 37 years old citizen of USA having completed Bachelor degree from India?
  6. Regarding getting job in Indian embassy abroad
  7. How can I apply for government job in India after completion of my mechanical engineering this year?
  8. List of career opportunities available for a B.Tech graduate in Petroleum engineering from school of Petroleum technology Gandhinagar? I've secured CPI 5.75
  9. Scope in Hindi after doing PG in Hindi?
  10. What is the eligibility criteria to apply in Embassy?
  11. What are the jobs available after passing B.Tech IT
  12. Can Indian Embassy form be filled up online for MBA? Eligibility criteria and minimum percentage required to fill-up this form?
  13. Is there any chance to get Government job after completing B.Tech IT?
  14. Which one is better between job in private sector as Engineer with MBA degree or job in government sector where pay is more?
  15. Criteria to be eligible for a government job? What should I do to pursue a government job after final year?
  16. English honors graduate from DU can get job in an Embassy?
  17. What is the maximum age limit for getting a job in public sector?
  18. How to get a job in Indian Embassy? Is foreign language a must? -- [Most Discussed]
27th May 2016, 03:03 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility criteria for job in Indian Embassy? Is it under government sector?

One who wishes to get job in Indian Embassy should appear for the Indian Foreign Service (IFS) Exam through combined Civil Services Examination conducted by UPSC.

Yes, it comes under government sector.

Eligibility criteria for Indian Foreign Service exam are as under:-

-The candidate must be an Indian.

-The candidate must posses a degree from a recognized university or equivalent qualification.

-The candidates who are in the final year of their qualifying degree are also eligible to appear in the preliminary exam conducted by UPSC.

-The age limit to apply for the exam is from 21 years to 32 years.There is age relaxation for OBC candidate by 3 years and SC/ST candidates by 5 years.The upper age limit is also relaxed in favor Defense Services Personnel.

-The candidate must be honest, extrovert, dynamic and dedicated people with a high sense of morality, integrity and love for the country. Leadership qualities and communication skills are also essential to be in this field. One must also be aware of national and international affairs.

-Selection criteria :

* Preliminary examination

* Main examination

* Medical test

*Personality Interview.
5th July 2016, 08:17 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Eligibility criteria for job in Indian Embassy? Is it under government sector?

I had completed my m.com from ABST this month.
what is the eligiblity for taking part
and when the exams are conducted
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?