4th November 2022, 09:03 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility for IRS exam after graduating from Annamalai University?

Hi i have finished BCom in correspondance from Annamalai University and my DOB is 10.03.1987. It will be eligible for IRS exam?

5th November 2022, 09:28 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility for IRS exam after graduating from Annamalai University?

The basic qualification required to appear in the Civil Services examination which is required to become an IRS (Indian Revenue Service) officer are as below:

* You need to be an Indian Citizen.

* Your age must lie within 21 years to 32 years as on the 1st August of the year in which examination is held. Upper age limit relaxation is applicable for candidates belonging to reserved category.

* You must have completed your graduation degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

So, having completed your B.Com. in Correspondence mode from Annamalai university which is a UGC recognized university, you are eligible for appearing in upcoming Civil Services examination only if you belong to SC/ST or PwD category as your age is beyond the allowed upper age limit for candidates belonging to Unreserved category or OBC category.

For complete information regarding the same examination, you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?