27th April 2015, 01:59 AM
Unregistered

How to get a government job when I am 37 years old?

Am i eligible for anu government job? my age 37 years

How to get a government job when I am 37 years old? What would be the minimum and maximum age eligibility criteria to apply for any government job? I really need to get some government job in order to get settled with my life. Please help to find one!

27th April 2015, 11:17 AM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to get a government job when I am 37 years old?

Dear truly speaking it is almost impossible. Since about the Age criteria Central government set a norm for it. Many of the government jobs had set a Age limits in between 21 to 30 years with out adding of Age relaxation. That is these limits are for General candidates.

But you did not mention about your category. If you have a category relaxation then you will have a chance to get government job.

As per the norms of the government of India these are relaxations of age.

For OBC -- 3 years

For SC/ST ---5 years

But yes you can apply for some posts in State government jobs. Since the state government jobs have a High Age limits when we compared with the Central government jobs.

Here we are providing you the list of government jobs for various fields/sectors.

For Banking --- you should not cross 30 years of Age .

For Civils' ----- < 30 years

Postal --- < 28 years

Indian Railway --- For the posts of " Group A and Group B " there is higher limits of Age.

Thus you will not find any job position in the central government job sector.
27th April 2015, 03:56 PM
manojbadoniya
Senior Member+

Yes you can get a very good reputed government job just do not be depressed and think positive because you have a lot of time to get a government job and there are few fields in which you can apply for the job even after being a 37 year old candidate and secure your future easily.

Teaching field is the best field to choose because there are some jobs which do not requires any type of age limitations such as :

State Level Samvidha Teacher Grade I : Age of the candidate should be maximum 45 years to apply for this recruitment.

Except the age, candidate must be post graduate in any discipline from a recognized university with having either B.Ed or D.Ed from a recognized university.

State Level Samvidha Teacher Grade II recruitment : Candidate should be graduate in any discipline and age should be maximum 40 years to apply and upper age is also relaxable upto 05 years for SC/ST and 03 years for OBC.

Candidate should have passed B.Ed or D.Ed from a reputed university.

Except being Samvidha teacher, you can become lecturer and assistant professor in government schools and colleges with minimum qualification mentioned below :

Candidate should be Post Graduate in any discipline from a recognized university with minimum 55% marks and qualified in NET or SET examination with valid score card then candidate may become Lecturer or Assistant Professor.

There is no age bar mentioned in this post so you can apply and if you do not apply for NET or SET test then you must have completed PhD in the relevant discipline then you can directly become AP or Lecturer in government colleges.

There are some other jobs which you can apply for such as :

State Service examination for Deputy collector/ SDM/ Tehsieldar/ Megistrate and other relevant posts because there are some states which requires maximum 40 years of age to apply for all these posts and if you are in reserved category then you can avail relaxation in upper age as per the rules of central government so do not worry and just effort to get job and you can get it.
28th April 2015, 04:07 PM
kaushikprince
Senior Member++

It is almost impossible for a person at age of 35 years to get any private jobs .
As most of the examination conducted for jobs in government are limited upto 30 years.
But for reserved category age relaxation is allowed for maximum of 5 years.
So ,either you belong to reserved or unreserved category you are going to get any jobs.

If you have completed your masters degree in any disciple from any recognized university then you can apply for UGC NET from where you can get job of Assistant Professor in UGC approved college.

It will be better for you to heads towards private sector jobs where it will be possible that you can get jobs with better payment to secure future.
14th May 2016, 01:43 PM
Unregistered

I am 37 years old. Done correspondence MBA in marketing and finance along with 2 years diploma from NIIT and having total work exp of 10 years in banking. Want to know can i apply for any good government post by clearing any kind of exam.
23rd June 2016, 12:09 PM
Unregistered

Sir, I'm 37 years old Boys. B.A. pass, I have an experienced of 15 years in Manchester. M.N.C.
Want to know can I apply for any government jobs.
27th June 2016, 12:16 PM
Khurit
Senior Member+

Do not run for the government jobs, its better if you for for the private jobs. Because you have crossed the stipulated age limit laid down by government of India. As of today Minimum age to apply is 21 years & maximum age 30 years in case If you fall under General Category. In case of Civil Service exams it is 32 years. If you belong to a SC/ST Category you get age relaxation up to 5 years which means can apply till 35 years. If you belong to a OBC Category you get age relaxation up to 3 years which means can apply till 33 years.
30th June 2016, 02:55 PM
Unregistered

Sir, I am britto.I completed ME(CSC).My age is 36 .Can I get any government job in any field sir ,Please reply
14th September 2016, 05:07 PM
Unregistered

I'm 37 yrs.of age, I'm a single mom of a 12 yrs.old daughter. I have experienced in some jobs like sales staff/cashier at d mall. Also work in some company's like NXP and Toshiba. I dont have job for a year now. Every time i apply, they reject me because of my age. Pls.help me to get a job, it's hard to be a single mom jobless. I really need a job. Pls.contact me 09993158871. If someone who read this pls.help me.....i really need a job. I'm from Alabang. Thanks. GOD BLESS
26th October 2016, 05:57 PM
Unregistered

I did my UG in B.Sc biochemistry and PG in MBA,
M.Phil in management. Cleared my SLET.Am I eligible for Government colleges in Tamilnadu?
Is cross major eligible for govt.posts?
26th January 2017, 05:43 AM
Unregistered

I finished pg zoology in the year 2007_2009 in corresponding course. In the middle I finished B.Ed in the year 2008 (regular).my doubt is may I qualified to write TRB exam.and pls.
30th April 2017, 04:19 PM
Unregistered

I AM 33 YEARS OLD AND I AM GENERAL CAST SO PLEASE GUIDE ME FOR SOME STATE AND CENTRAL GOVT JOBS AND I AM COMPLETE BCA FINAL
MAIL ID [email protected]
26th May 2017, 09:25 PM
Unregistered

I'm 36 years of age, I have experienced in some jobs like sales manager in IT sector and service sector in IT. I having 16 years exp in IT sector. Also work in some company's like lipi data system, compact ups,
rajdeep ups, cubit, reebok, simmtronics in sales as a manager and puskar in ibm. And alfa netcom in HP printer . I dont have job for a year now. Every time i apply, they reject me because of my age. Please, help me to get a job. I really need a job. Please.contact me 09569383778, 9888424758. If someone who read this please help me.....i really need a job. I'm from chandigarh. Thanks. GOD BLESS
31st May 2017, 04:16 PM
Unregistered

I'm 37 years old. I am graduate in science and completed my B. Ed. I've 10 years experience in teaching field and school management. Now I want to do government job.Is it possible to get government job in any field for general category for ladies.
7th June 2017, 10:26 PM
Unregistered

What is the maximum age l will applying for the central govt highly officer rank job
15th June 2017, 11:47 PM
Unregistered

Sir I am 36 years 8 months I had experience in banking and IT domain like system and database admin for 8 years in co operative bank can I get any permanent positions like in SBI and any banks experience basis are find anything
Regards
Mahesh
19th July 2017, 01:31 PM
Unregistered

I need a govt job but i have no experience in any field my age is 37 i m a women and MBA pass
8th September 2017, 10:35 PM
Unregistered

Sir, I am 37 year old and I wanted to appear JPSC 2017-18 OR next time. Am I eligible for it or what I should do so that I can get a govt job
28th September 2017, 11:04 AM
Unregistered

How to get a government job when I am 35 years old and belonging to ST category?
10th April 2018, 04:49 PM
Unregistered

Sir, I'm 37 years old Boys. B.A. pass, I have an experienced of 15 years in Manchester. M.N.C.
Want to know can I apply for any government job.
11th May 2018, 01:05 PM
Unregistered

I am a lady of 37 years old, working as a teacher in private institute I am M.A.B.Ed.(English),which are the career opportunities for me in government sector?
11th May 2018, 10:00 PM
Unregistered

Sir/Mam, my age is 31 years completed by april 22, please let me know if i get a government job.
2nd June 2018, 05:56 PM
Unregistered

I am 33 years old and I am a housewife. I don't have any experience in any field. I belong to SC category. Let me know if i get any government job.
7th June 2018, 03:26 PM
ravimahawar1234
Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am 33 years old and I am a housewife. I don't have any experience in any field. I belong to SC category. Let me know if i get any government job.
There are various government jobs for which you can apply.
The current openings are in the following sectors -
RRB
SSC
Bank
Engineering
Police
To know about the complete procedure for applying for these jobs you can visit the website named alertforexam.
i hope it helps!
23rd June 2018, 02:14 AM
Unregistered

Sir I am Rahul from jharkand I am 35year old. I have completed my MBA in IT and Mktg in 2011 I have pass b. Sc IT hons in 2008 from 2014i pursue C. A but I cannot clear my ipcc now I feel for govt job can I apply any govt job pls suggest me for his I am very much thank.
28th June 2018, 07:42 AM
Unregistered

Respected sir,I am 37 years old, obc category, MA sociology, 16 years completed in cisf as a constable, still i am working this force. Now I wish to write the higher level exams. Can I apply for any other govt jobs? Then which exams..please give me idea for my better future.
23rd July 2018, 09:34 AM
Unregistered

I have completed mcom and ca inter. My age is 37 years .can i apply for any govt. Job.
15th August 2018, 12:57 AM
Unregistered

Is there anything age relaxation for women of general category for job of central government i m 37 years old n I want to apply for the post of TGT in kvs schools so is it possible for me to apply n my husband is handicapped and I have the certificate of his will that certificate be helpful to me in anyway
19th August 2018, 02:08 PM
Unregistered

I am 37 year old married woman and l have done M.C.A and now I want govt.job.is it possible, please suggest me which field can I apply
6th November 2018, 07:01 PM
Unregistered

I am 36 years old and have passed AMIETE in electronics & telecommunications stream. Kindly inform me where am I eligible to apply for central govt job ?
18th February 2019, 07:22 PM
Unregistered

I am 31 years old and passed M.E. in Power system basically post graduate in engineering. Kindly tell me what government job i'm eligible specially in indian railways. i have obc caste certificate. And im married so please guide me.
3rd March 2019, 10:01 AM
Unregistered

I am 35 year old & holding degree of B.E. (E & Tc) can you please confirm if i am eligible for any government job?
6th March 2019, 08:55 PM
Maa Ka Pyar

There are various exam which is conducted by State government or Central Government of India by which you can appear in this particular exam and make your future bright.
if you have B.Ed or BTC degree then you can go for TET Exam or CTET exam and become a teacher in Government schools and serve the nation by teaching the students.
there are also provision to appear in State Public Service Commission(SPSC) exam because there upper age limit is 40 years. considering your case you are 33 years then you are completely eligible for State Public Service Commission exam by clearing this exam you can get the post of SDM.
Further if you have completed your master degree then you can appear in UGC or NET exam then you can become assistant professor in any UGC recognised University.
17th March 2020, 06:36 PM
Unregistered

i am 36 year old and i am done MBA in good reputed collage.and i am 10 year ex.in hr fild so please suggest me how to apply any goverement job.
8th September 2020, 09:41 AM
Unregistered

I am 37 years old and have an work experience of 6 years in banking and an general category candidate .Can I apply for any govt jobs
9th September 2020, 06:33 PM
Unregistered

Plz let me know for which state govt jobs I am eligibe as I m 34 years old..nd I have done btech in ECE
5th December 2020, 07:36 AM
Unregistered

I am 33 years old and passed B.E. in Power system basically post graduate in engineering. Kindly tell me what government job i'm eligible specially in indian railways. i have obc caste certificate. And im married so please guide me.
https://www.naukarisarkari.co.in/
20th January 2022, 07:19 PM
Unregistered

Sir I am 37years old and can I get any government jobs I can apply the government jobs
5th November 2022, 07:52 PM
Unregistered

Sir,iam jagadish 37 years old,am study (iti,degree) eligible any centralised or outsourcing jobs as on general category.please required information,
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?