5th September 2016, 06:19 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility and procedure to join Indian Army after BA LLB?

Hello ! I'm in 3rd year of my BA LLB and I want to join Indian Army after my graduation . So, may I know the eligibility and procedure to getting into Army. What can I do to prepare myself and for which all exam I need to sit for? Thank you.

6th September 2016, 12:07 AM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility and procedure to join Indian Army after BA LLB?

After BA LLB, you can apply for Combined Defence Services conducted by Union Public Service Commission to join Indian Army.

Arts stream candidates are only eligible for Indian Military academy or Officer's Training Academy. For IMA and OTA, candidates from any discipline of bachelor's degree are eligible to apply for UPSC CDS exam.

The age limit for IMA is 19-24 years and OTA is 19-25 years. Both unmarried male and female candidates can apply for CDS exam. You can prepare for written test by seeing first of all syllabus of this exam. Then analyze previous year papers so that you can get overview which type of questions are asked in this exam. If you clear written test, you will have to Service Selection Board for final selection.

Official website: http://www.upsc.gov.in.
6th September 2016, 01:28 AM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

Being a final year student of BA LLB and looking to join Indian Army you will have to qualify CDS entrance examination and join IMA ( Indian Military Academy ) wing of the same.

CDS refers to Combined Defense Services and CDS entrance examination are held twice every year by UPSC. Also the examination is held in two stages which includes Written examination followed by SSB interview.

* The minimum eligibility criteria required for appearing in the same examination for joining IMA are as following :-

i) You must the citizenship of India.

ii) Your age must lie in between 19 years to 24 years.

iii) You must have completed your graduation degree course or must be pursuing the final year of same in any discipline from a recognized university.

iv) You must satisfy the fitness norms for sure.

Apart from this you have the options of joining Indian Army as soldier, tradesmen, Junior Commissioned Officer, etc. by qualifying their respective entrance examination and for which more details can be accumulated from the link www.joinindianarmy.nic.in.
6th September 2016, 01:32 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

No, after completing your five year duration course you will be eligible to appear for CDS examination and after qualifying in examination eligible for recruitment in Indian Army.

The eligibility to appear for examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree from any recognised university. The age limit for Indian Army is 19-24 years.

The examination is conducted in two stages as written and interview. For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
30th March 2018, 12:10 PM
Unregistered

Can I join the Indian defence after completing my BA in photography?
2nd September 2020, 06:32 PM
Unregistered

I AM a 3rd year BA LLB STUDENT CAN I JOIN INDIAN NAVY AFTER COMPLETION OF MY DEGREE
12th October 2020, 10:40 AM
Unregistered

I am a last year BALLB student Can I join indian army and how .And what kind of job is available for BALLB student.
3rd December 2020, 10:39 AM
Unregistered

I'm B.A.LLB 2nd years student. I would like to join Indian army. Can I join Indian army and how ? And what kind of jobs available for B.A.LLB student?
4th March 2021, 12:19 PM
Unregistered

I am 4th years BA. LLB student. I eagerly want to serve the nation and like to join Indian Army. How can i join the same? and what kind of jobs are available for BA. LLB student?
23rd March 2021, 10:12 PM
Unregistered

I am in third year of ba.llb can I give cds exam
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?