18th February 2019, 01:46 AM
Unregistered

Exemptions available in UPSC-IAS recruitment for SC/ST/OBC candidates?

Hello friends, can anyone of you let me know about the exemption which is available in UPSC-IAS recruitment for SC/ST/OBC candidates? I belongs to an OBC category and I want to know about the exemptions available for me. Please tell me asap. Thank you!

23rd February 2019, 03:04 PM
ppsahu
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Exemptions available in UPSC-IAS recruitment for SC/ST/OBC candidates?

SC/ST/OBC candidates can get relaxations in the age limit in UPSC-IAS recruitment. SC/ST candidates can get 5 years and OBC candidates can get 3 years of relaxation in upper age limit. Age limit to apply for same recruitment is 21 to 32 years as on 01/08/2019. Also SC/ST candidates can get exemptions in the application fee. Cost of application to apply for UPSC-IAS recruitment is 100/-.
23rd February 2019, 06:18 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Exemptions available in UPSC-IAS recruitment for SC/ST/OBC candidates?

Exemptions available in UPSC-IAS recruitment for SC/ ST/ OBC candidates are mentioned below:-

—> SC/ ST category candidates and female candidates who belong to OBC category are exempted from payment of application fee.

—> Upper age relaxation of 3 years for OBC and 5 years for SC/ ST category candidates is applicable as per government rules to apply for UPSC-IAS recruitment.
23rd February 2019, 10:35 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

There is relaxation in age limit to appear for the examination for OBC/SC/STs.

Along with age relaxation, there is relaxation in cut off marks for each of the category.

The examination is conducted in three stages and so you have to appear and qualify in each for the final selection.

To get more information visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
24th February 2019, 07:38 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

There is exemption in age criteria for the SC/ST/OBC candidates to appear in the examination.

The examination is on the upper age limit as well as cut off marks in each of the stages of examination.

For more information visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?