20th November 2014, 04:00 PM
Unregistered

How can I become a scientist in ISRO being a 12th student?

Hi
i am santhosh studying xii stadnard .
My ambition is to become a scientiest in isro
so please tell me what should have been
done by me to become a isro scientiest????

24th November 2014, 10:48 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I become a scientist in ISRO being a 12th student?

Procedure to become Scientist in ISRO :-

- You need to get admission in IIST to join ISRO after your graduation.
- You need to appear for the Joint Entrance Examination (Main) conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), New Delhi and qualify to appear for Joint Entrance Examination (Advanced) conducted by IITs and secure the minimum prescribed category-wise marks in JEE (Advanced)

In JEE-(Advanced), maximum mark for each subject is 120 and the aggregate is 360. Accordingly, the MINIMUM (cut-off) MARKS for each subject and the aggregate, which should be secured for eligibility to apply for B.Tech admission in IIST is tabulated below:

Subject General OBC-NCL SC/ST/PD
Physics 6 5 3
Chemistry 6 5 3
Mathematics 6 5 3
Aggregate 72 64 36

- Then you will be able to join as per the relative performance of your fellow applicants.
- Once you graduate from IIST, you will be incorporated by ISRO as junior research scientist.
30th June 2017, 06:43 PM
Unregistered

I love to be a scientist and my favorate subject is physics. What should i do after plus two to achive my goal?
10th July 2021, 08:36 PM
Singhskomal

After 12th you can appear for IIST exam. Indian institute of space science and technology, one can also join ISRO after finishing B.tech from recognised University.
Try to crack NITs and IITs and take degree in B.tech in aerospace engineering,mechanical engineering, radio engineering and engineering in physics from recognised University.
ISRO - crack ( centralized recruitment board exam to join space agency).
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?