23rd July 2016, 01:27 PM
Unregistered

Is it necessary to acquire 60% in 12th Commerce to apply in Bank and Railway jobs?

I am a student of 12th Commerce. After completing my 12th I want to apply for Bank and Railway jobs. I would like to know about the percentage which is set for applying for this jobs. Kindly tell me is it necessary to get 60% marks in 12th standard?

25th July 2016, 12:35 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it necessary to acquire 60% in 12th Commerce to apply in Bank and Railway jobs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am a student of 12th Commerce. After completing my 12th I want to apply for Bank and Railway jobs. I would like to know about the percentage which is set for applying for this jobs. Kindly tell me is it necessary to get 60% marks in 12th standard?
After completion of 12th standard, you can't apply for Banking sector but you can apply for Indian Railway in Group D post.

Eligibility criteria for Group D post:-

1) Those candidates who have completed 10th standard from recognized board are eligible for Railway Group D post.

2) Your minimum age should be 18 years.
25th July 2016, 01:26 PM
Khurit
Senior Member+

Default Re: Is it necessary to acquire 60% in 12th Commerce to apply in Bank and Railway jobs?

For most of the bank & railway jobs, they can ask candidates who have done graduation from a recognized university. As you are a commerce student better to apply for jobs after graduation only. But there are jobs where a candidate can apply on the basis of 12th only. Some departments ask for 60% & some not but most of the government exams does not ask for percentage but it would be good if you score more than 60% in graduation for your good future.
25th July 2016, 09:31 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

No, there is no such necessity for you to acquire minimum 60% marks in 12th Class. Basically there is no such percentage criteria required in order to apply for both Banking as well as Railway based recruitment's. So you are eligible to appear in Banking as well as Railway based recruitment's.

But make sure you have successfully passed the concerned educational qualification in order to be eligible. You must have successfully passed "Graduate Degree" or a Bachelor Degree from a recognized university. So I am sure you are eligible to apply for both the recruitment's.
25th July 2016, 10:27 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you should have scored a minimum of 60% in aggregate in order to apply for various banking and Railway jobs, but not all posts require a 60% marks in your graduation.

There are various sub level posts in Railways where only a pass candidate is required in 12th boards from a recognized board, so in those cases you can apply for the post with 12th certificate instead.
26th July 2016, 01:16 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sorry that you are not eligible for Bank examination with 12th standard qualification. You need to complete Graduation or its equivalent qualification to be eligible for Banking examination. Those who completed their Graduation can apply for IBPS Clerk or PO examination conducted by the Common Written Examination (CWE) every year.

Being a 12th standard student you are eligible to apply for Railway examination. You need to appear and qualify in the examination conducted by the Railway Recruitment Board (RRB). You can apply for the various post such as,

- Railway Ticket Collector.
- Railway Constable.
- Railway Clerk.
- Assistant Loco Pilot.
- Goods Guard.
- Railway Driver etc.

RRB Official website - Click Here
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?