13th February 2016, 05:13 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to become a Commercial Pilot in India after undergoing Lasik surgery?

Sir,

I am currently doing my final year B.Tech Computer Science Engineering in a University in Tamil Nadu (India). My life ambition is to become a Commercial Pilot in India. I have an eyesight of -2.5 (short sight) in both eyes. I am planning to do lasik surgery. Is it possible to join flying school and become a commercial pilot after lasik surgery? Please tell me.

10th March 2017, 08:12 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to become a Commercial Pilot in India after undergoing Lasik surgery?

Lasik surgery has some drawbacks and due to those reasons, it is not accepted for commercial pilot or any kind of pilot jobs. Only those who have normal eyesight without any surgery are considered for such jobs. Commercial pilot is responsible to take passengers to the destination with safety and training institutes don't compromise on such things.

Lasik is a good way to improve eyesight, if you don't want to do something adventurous. After lasik, patients are not allowed to any rigorous or adventurous work, as it can affect the normal eyesight which is gained after surgery.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?